Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Trading as a Career Choice  (Read 5898 times)

August 07, 2008, 04:41:26 PM
Read 5898 times

Trelly

I have 8 months left in my useless B.A. economics degree and seriously contemplating putting much more time and effort into my T/A skills / getting an SEC license. For any of you out there that do this full time: What do you feel the advantages and disadvantages are? Any additional advice/thoughts/feelings/alternative word vomit?

August 07, 2008, 04:50:40 PM
Reply #1

johndoe

well, i have 6 months left here at Harverd and my major is Web Search Index Engineering Manager

August 07, 2008, 04:53:28 PM
Reply #2

Trelly

lol that at least sounds like you could find a job despite the fact that I have very little idea as to what that entails :P . You guys have a major in WSIEM specifically?

August 08, 2008, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #3

boomer

I have 8 months left in my useless B.A. economics degree and seriously contemplating putting much more time and effort into my T/A skills / getting an SEC license. For any of you out there that do this full time: What do you feel the advantages and disadvantages are? Any additional advice/thoughts/feelings/alternative word vomit?
I would suggest that you do not get the SEC license IMO it's better to be a privet investor. 

"seriously contemplating putting much more time and effort into my T/A skills"

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D thats a good plan IMO

August 08, 2008, 05:10:14 PM
Reply #4

Richmm63

I wish I had made that choice many many years ago... good luck if thats the choice you make..   ;D

August 08, 2008, 08:20:51 PM
Reply #5

boomer

I would suggest that you do not get the SEC license IMO it's better to be a privet investor. 

I also meant to say GET THE DEGREE your so close IMO it would be stupid not to

August 09, 2008, 08:08:47 PM
Reply #6

Trelly

I also meant to say GET THE DEGREE your so close IMO it would be stupid not to

Oh yea, the degree is a given, for sure. It'd be ridiculous not to after the 3 years and $25 000 later :P

Why not SEC? More control, less rules or what?

August 12, 2008, 09:01:45 PM
Reply #7

vanguard223

well, i have 6 months left here at Harverd and my major is Web Search Index Engineering Manager

What is Harverd?
May the lord have mercy on my enemies....because I won't.

August 12, 2008, 09:30:40 PM
Reply #8

johndoe

my bad its Harvard, only the best like me would now.

you know that prick warren buffet. they didnt accept him to go to harvard

tomato, tomotto, its all good. ;D

August 12, 2008, 09:48:57 PM
Reply #9

vanguard223

I hope you're not trying to make us believe that you are currently attending Harvard.   ::)
May the lord have mercy on my enemies....because I won't.

August 12, 2008, 09:52:34 PM
Reply #10

johndoe

yes i am, im mr. big shot ::)

August 12, 2008, 11:56:27 PM
Reply #11

Greg

Harv-Nerd is more like it...You have to learn how to spell first...
I know not what I do.  So, I just do it....

August 13, 2008, 12:06:02 AM
Reply #12

johndoe

alright guys, you got me, :-[ im not much of a speller but i do take creativeness to a whole new level, some say i should be a novelist.

August 13, 2008, 12:19:07 AM
Reply #13

johndoe

hey look its DZ . :o

hey DZ, how are the wife and kids?

August 13, 2008, 06:28:07 PM
Reply #14

Vegas

alright guys, you got me, :-[ im not much of a speller but i do take creativeness to a whole new level, some say i should be a novelist.

Well... You have part of it going on... You are novel... ;D
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦