Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Stock screens/scans  (Read 7875 times)

April 22, 2008, 02:56:57 PM
Read 7875 times

moddy

To get my mind off of CKNN and MESA, I thought I'd ask a bit about what people are using to identify potential targets.  I was just playing around w/ the scan on stockcharts.com and looking at the MACD crossover scan and ADX scan.

What do you use to find stocks?
Is it a free tool?
What TA criteria do you scan for and why?

Thanks!

April 22, 2008, 03:22:27 PM
Reply #1

Greg

I know not what I do.  So, I just do it....

April 22, 2008, 09:02:06 PM
Reply #2

rb122756

Moddy,

I use a package called Extreme Charts.  It's not free.  It costs around $ 400 one time fee and there is an ongoing monthly charge of about $ 40 for on demand and end of day downloads.  It has a language for creating scans that allows you to combine price, technical analysis, and fundamental analysis anyway you want to find just the stocks that meet a certain criteria.  You can also create symbol groups, watchlists, unlimited number of chart templates that allow you to look at different combinations of technicals in different views.  It also allows you to do a day at a time instant replay to practice your chart reading skills.  The thing I don't like about it is it doesn't download info for OTCBB and Pink Sheet stocks.

There are other packages out there that do the same kind of thing and stuff you can get on the Internet for free.  It's all kind of personal preference.  You need a good tool for charting and scanning so you don't have to spend hours looking for good candidates to play.  The more you learn about technical analysis, the better scans you will be able to create.

RB.

April 22, 2008, 09:13:17 PM
Reply #3

Dzielak51

Is any one a member with Stockcharts.com?  If so, how much different is their stock scan compared to the free one?  Im really thinking about becoming a member with stockcharts.

April 29, 2008, 11:37:10 PM
Reply #4

underwaterlogger

Dezak, I am a member of stockcharts , just signed up a couple days ago. still trying to make sense of everything available. What type of scans are you looking for? Pinchers maybe......... ;D

April 30, 2008, 08:42:59 AM
Reply #5

Dzielak51

yuppers

what package did you get?

Is their scans alot better then the "free" ones?

April 30, 2008, 11:40:11 AM
Reply #6

underwaterlogger

I got the real time chart package. 30 bucks a month. Will try it out and see if I like it. yes the scans are more detailed from what I can tell. I am still learning everything so  probably best if you just buy it for a month a try it. What parameters do you use in your search for pinchers? ;D

April 30, 2008, 12:39:22 PM
Reply #7

Tommy86

underwaterlogger, pls keep us up to date with your package, thinking of trying it too!

would love to see RT stockcharts chart

April 30, 2008, 01:02:37 PM
Reply #8

Dzielak51

i think im going to start out with the basic then upgrade when i feel ready.  i can use quote tracker for real tie chart for now

April 30, 2008, 05:16:49 PM
Reply #9

underwaterlogger

underwaterlogger, pls keep us up to date with your package, thinking of trying it too!

Sure will. Just have to figure out all the bells and whistles......

April 30, 2008, 06:09:19 PM
Reply #10

Dzielak51

i just subscribed to the Extra package.  I love it.  The scans are awesome.  Expect to see alot more "pincher" picks from me.

April 09, 2009, 02:40:58 PM
Reply #11

shulink

stock chart is good, but there is limited functionality for free users.

April 09, 2009, 02:41:38 PM
Reply #12

shulink

I use the following

http://www.dojispace.com - for free technical analysis stock screener

and http://www.FINVIZ.com and www.google.com/finance for fundamental screener.

March 11, 2010, 10:04:43 PM
Reply #13

thestockguy999

Just using my free stock screener to rule the stock market today.  Call me frugal.

March 22, 2010, 06:12:55 AM
Reply #14

Vegas

I've been using http://stockfetcher.com and http://getstockideas.com a lot lately. 

Thanks for the links SG... I will have to check these out...
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦