Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Layout ot threads - First posted on page one/most recent post on page?  (Read 3977 times)

February 27, 2008, 04:06:34 PM
Read 3977 times

p51stang

Hi Doc,

Don't know if this is possible or not but I would find it much easier to keep up with the various threads if the most recent posts were at the top of page one ... older posts slipping to page 2 .... ?.  Right now I have to go to the page link and, for example, if there are six pages of posts as there are with juni, I must click on 6 and then scroll to the bottom of that page to find the most recent posts.  In essence, I have to bypass all prior posts to get to the new posts.  If they were posted on the top of page one, I would only need to go  through pages 2 though ? if I needed to retrieve a historic post.

BTW ... P51STANG is trader fomerly known as Vic

February 28, 2008, 10:35:20 AM
Reply #1

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Hi Vic

If you look to the left side of your screen, above and also below any board or any topic you have a few numbers, these numbers represent the number of pages the topic has, for example, if a topic has 200 pages, about 3000 posts, you see these numbers [1]23..... 199,200, you just need to click the number 200 and you are on the last page, where you have the last posts, you don't need to browse all the pages, just look to the numbers and you will see how many pages of posts has any topic, just click the last  number and you have the newest posts, let me know if you have doubts.   
Dr PennyStock

February 28, 2008, 11:51:41 AM
Reply #2

cmackensen

Hi Doc.
I think this is a good point. I understand what you are saying. You must agree it would be nice to see the latest post first. just a thought.

February 28, 2008, 11:58:01 AM
Reply #3

cmackensen

Ok I found if you go to Profile and then to layout and look you can check the box for most recent first it works great. Hope this helps.

February 29, 2008, 05:25:45 AM
Reply #4

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Yes, I forgot that, everyone can customize the layout, just check the box to see the last posts first on Layout and Preferences link.
Dr PennyStock

March 26, 2008, 04:10:54 PM
Reply #5

Erunion

UP!

I can't find in my personal preferences "# posts per page" option. Can only show 15 posts/page?

Many thanks  ;D

March 26, 2008, 05:29:18 PM
Reply #6

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
UP!

I can't find in my personal preferences "# posts per page" option. Can only show 15 posts/page?

Many thanks  ;D

15 posts is the default number, individually cannot be changed, must be the same to all, I think 15 is ok.

Sorry  ;D
Dr PennyStock

March 26, 2008, 08:50:47 PM
Reply #7

Erunion