Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: FB - Facebook, Inc. - NASDAQ  (Read 15175 times)

May 18, 2012, 11:09:31 AM
Read 15175 times

Vegas

Daily Chart:  http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FB&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p16974491006

Weekly Chart:  http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FB&p=W&b=5&g=0&id=p39670793008

News:  http://finance.yahoo.com/q/h?s=FB+Headlines

Business Summary:  Facebook, Inc. operates as a social networking company worldwide. The company builds tools that enable users to connect, share, discover, and communicate with each other; enables developers to build social applications on Facebook or to integrate their Websites with Facebook; and offers products that enable advertisers and marketers to engage with its users. As of February 2, 2012, it had 845 million monthly users and 443 million daily users. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

May 18, 2012, 11:12:45 AM
Reply #1

Vegas

Facebook IPO: Wall Street Preps for Heavy Trading Volume

May 18, 2012

Trading houses and brokerages expect Facebook’s initial public offering, the second-largest U.S. debut ever, to stoke heavy volume in the stock market on Friday. The social-media giant was to start trading around 11 a.m. EDT on the Nasdaq OMX Group exchange, which has tested its IPO auction systems four times in the past week to make sure the company’s debut will go off without a hitch. Last week, Neil Catania, chief executive of brokerage firm MND Partners, projected that as many as 600 million shares of the stock could change hands.

That would make it the most highly traded initial public offering ever, above the prior record held by General Motors, which saw 458 million shares trade the day of its offering. A 600-million-share volume would also place it in the top 50 trading days ever, excluding trading in Citigroup and Bank of America during the financial crisis.

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/05/18/facebook-ipo-wall-street-preps-for-heavy-trading-volume/?mod=yahoo_hs
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

May 18, 2012, 12:41:08 PM
Reply #2

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
It needs to test $38, before any run.
Dr PennyStock

May 18, 2012, 01:04:58 PM
Reply #3

kourtvizion

Doc how did you know it would test 38 before starting to ascend?  Is it because it was the initial offering price and people feel they have to buy higher?

May 18, 2012, 01:25:19 PM
Reply #4

RufRTurbo22

Doc how did you know it would test 38 before starting to ascend?  Is it because it was the initial offering price and people feel they have to buy higher?

I'd assume it was to fill the gap between the IPO price and the trading price

May 18, 2012, 01:27:32 PM
Reply #5

kourtvizion

I'd assume it was to fill the gap between the IPO price and the trading price

That's what I thought, but i didnt think the gap would be filled right away.

May 18, 2012, 01:54:10 PM
Reply #6

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

Because it is the only reference price, the IPO price, so it is like a gap that needs to be filed, and, as you see, it was exactly filed.
Dr PennyStock

May 18, 2012, 03:00:09 PM
Reply #7

Dasein

Because it is the only reference price, the IPO price, so it is like a gap that needs to be filed, and, as you see, it was exactly filed.

Shows the power of TA.

May 18, 2012, 03:56:09 PM
Reply #8

Vegas

Almost a half billion shares traded... Unreal for a $40.00 stock...

May 18, 2012, 03:58:29 PM
Reply #9

kourtvizion

I have been watching all day. It looks like a dud.  All the hype surrounding this thing for nothing.  Usually in an IPO wouldnt they offer news that would make it run? Like how they plan on making money, any partnerships or alliances?  I have been checking all day and I havent seen anything substantial.

May 18, 2012, 04:20:47 PM
Reply #10

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

Shows the power of TA.

Exactly, as you could testify, I said it minutes before it happens, and, it happened.
Dr PennyStock

May 18, 2012, 04:24:15 PM
Reply #11

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
I have been watching all day. It looks like a dud.  All the hype surrounding this thing for nothing.  Usually in an IPO wouldnt they offer news that would make it run? Like how they plan on making money, any partnerships or alliances?  I have been checking all day and I havent seen anything substantial.

We are not anymore in 2000, when any IPO would at least run 50% in the first day, now with the market this way, people do not take so many risks, I see FB trading at .25 - .20 in a few weeks, then people will beginning to invest.
Dr PennyStock

May 18, 2012, 06:36:53 PM
Reply #12

Makin Millions

We are not anymore in 2000, when any IPO would at least run 50% in the first day, now with the market this way, people do not take so many risks, I see FB trading at .25 - .20 in a few weeks, then people will beginning to invest.

.25-.20 cents? from where its at now? i was thinking it would drop to low 20's but not pennies

May 19, 2012, 01:59:40 PM
Reply #13

Dasein

.25-.20 cents? from where its at now? i was thinking it would drop to low 20's but not pennies

I think doc is just used to having the decimal point in that location being a penny trader and all...

At 20.00 I could see an investment in FB.

May 21, 2012, 08:50:21 AM
Reply #14

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

Sorry, as Dasein said, I am used to penny stocks, so it was an error, I meant 25.00 - 20.00.
Dr PennyStock