Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Smartphone trading  (Read 3848 times)

April 02, 2012, 02:33:41 PM
Read 3848 times

Robert Paulson

So as I'm starting to get more into pennystock trading, I'm thinking that I might need a smartphone to keep up with the market and my stocks when I'm away from the computer. I have a TDA account and I see that they make an iPhone app, but is there a better smartphone out there?

Or is using a smartphone for trading just a waste of time and money anyway?

I'm just trying to get some opinions and hear some experiences of people who have tried trading on a smartphone.

Thanks

April 02, 2012, 02:47:24 PM
Reply #1

GoopCannon

So as I'm starting to get more into pennystock trading, I'm thinking that I might need a smartphone to keep up with the market and my stocks when I'm away from the computer. I have a TDA account and I see that they make an iPhone app, but is there a better smartphone out there?

I'm just trying to get some opinions and hear some experiences of people who have tried trading on a smartphone.

Thanks

I find trading on a phone to be too clumsy and slow. It's a good way to check in on the market though when on the move - but it is certainly not a replacement for a laptop or desktop.

I recommend going with an Android-based phone - more customizable than the iPhone. The Droid Bionic is a good choice.

April 02, 2012, 03:54:14 PM
Reply #2

goN4it

Thanks

I find trading on a phone to be too clumsy and slow. It's a good way to check in on the market though when on the move - but it is certainly not a replacement for a laptop or desktop.

I recommend going with an Android-based phone - more customizable than the iPhone. The Droid Bionic is a good choice.

I agree with Gooop on the Android vs Iphone... I have even been able to use an old LG slider keyboard Android, almost as well as my laptop.... just itty bitty

April 02, 2012, 04:15:30 PM
Reply #3

surfdodger

Thanks

I agree with Gooop on the Android vs Iphone... I have even been able to use an old LG slider keyboard Android, almost as well as my laptop.... just itty bitty

Thought I'd throw in my $.02. I just switched back to the iPhone after 3 months of Android. True, it's more customizable, but the more you customize it, the more flaky it gets. I'm a power user with my phone, and I was rebooting almost daily (Samsung Galaxy S2).

When it comes to my phone, downtime costs money, so Apple and "It just works" is crucial. BUT, I do still keep Android on my tablet, because you can just get more done productivity-wise on an Android.

Anyway, both work great for spot trades, like when one of Doc's recommendations comes through. But for heavy trading, you need a computer. It's better with multiple windows/monitors, so you can do research on one, while keeping another on a ticker, and perhaps another on your day job. Can't do that on a phone or tablet.

April 03, 2012, 07:48:34 PM
Reply #4

Robert Paulson

Ok, sweet guys. Thanks for the information. I'll hold off on buying a smart phone for the time being.

How about tablets? Does anyone here trade on one of those?

April 03, 2012, 11:48:28 PM
Reply #5

Forward

Ok, sweet guys. Thanks for the information. I'll hold off on buying a smart phone for the time being.

How about tablets? Does anyone here trade on one of those?

Trade on my iPad but it's rare when I have it with me. I prefer the dual monitors as already mentioned (one for work and one for trading).

April 26, 2012, 11:18:44 PM
Reply #6

cyburfer

Yeah these new fangled phones are something else    ::)   Cy...

Little Suzie sent a text to her boyfriend ;
   If you are sleeping send me your dreams !
   If you are laughing send me your smile !
   If you are crying send me your tear drops !
To which he replied ;
   Taking a dump, what do I send ?

April 27, 2012, 12:25:21 PM
Reply #7

MoneyForBabyz

Yeah these new fangled phones are something else    ::)   Cy...

Little Suzie sent a text to her boyfriend ;
   If you are sleeping send me your dreams !
   If you are laughing send me your smile !
   If you are crying send me your tear drops !
To which he replied ;
   Taking a dump, what do I send ?

lol

I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 and while yes I do have to reboot once a day, I usually do it while I'm preparing for bed for first waking up.. You can get your business done that you need to on the phone, but if you're looking into day trading you need to have a PC.. A laptop is acceptable, but a PC with multiple monitors would be necessary to maximize your effectiveness and gains with day trading. If you're just trading positions on a daily, weekly, monthly basis though a phone will cut it.

Don't try day trading on one though because you will most likely break it when you try to slide in at a decent price and your phone chokes up, or you hit the wrong button.