Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Look for suggestion on real-time stream  (Read 9592 times)

March 12, 2012, 02:00:15 PM
Read 9592 times

sugarcrum

Digging up old thread from "Topic: Technical Analysis Resources and Tools"

Look for suggestion on real-time stream. Looking at quotestream.com and quotetracker.com.
QuoteTracker looks like a good app but the price for IQFeed seems a little high.
Any other suggestions?

Also, I love StockCharts.com; great site. What about the "Extra RT membership"? Lot of gain here?

Thanks!

March 12, 2012, 02:21:26 PM
Reply #1

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Digging up old thread from "Topic: Technical Analysis Resources and Tools"

Look for suggestion on real-time stream. Looking at quotestream.com and quotetracker.com.
QuoteTracker looks like a good app but the price for IQFeed seems a little high.
Any other suggestions?

Also, I love StockCharts.com; great site. What about the "Extra RT membership"? Lot of gain here?

Thanks!

Quote Tracker is free, if you are a TDA client. I use it since about 12 or 13 years, and, love it.

I use the free version of stockcharts.com, and, never used the paid one, you can draw lines on the free version, I don't know what is the Extra RT membership.
Dr PennyStock

March 12, 2012, 03:13:25 PM
Reply #2

sugarcrum

Quote Tracker is free, if you are a TDA client. I use it since about 12 or 13 years, and, love it.

I use the free version of stockcharts.com, and, never used the paid one, you can draw lines on the free version, I don't know what is the Extra RT membership.

Thanks, I've been thinking of creating a separate account at TDA outside my base "set-it, forget it" account. This may be the perfect timing.

Follow up question; if I create account at TDA is there a minimum trade requirement to start using Quote Tracker for free? Also, is the tracking real-time (not 20 minute delay)? If there is a delay is there an upgrade option to have no delays?

Thanks for info on stockcharts. Free looks perfect; I didn't know if you used any of the custom technical scans or anything. Good to know!

March 12, 2012, 03:58:22 PM
Reply #3

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

Thanks, I've been thinking of creating a separate account at TDA outside my base "set-it, forget it" account. This may be the perfect timing.

Follow up question; if I create account at TDA is there a minimum trade requirement to start using Quote Tracker for free? Also, is the tracking real-time (not 20 minute delay)? If there is a delay is there an upgrade option to have no delays?

Thanks for info on stockcharts. Free looks perfect; I didn't know if you used any of the custom technical scans or anything. Good to know!

No minimum trade requirement, you only need to have a TDA account. You only need to login into QT with your TDA account username and password, and you have real-time data.

I use stockcharts.com as is, only have my own chart template, I think you already saw one of my charts, I use always the same, every topic has my charts template in the first message.   
Dr PennyStock

March 12, 2012, 04:08:16 PM
Reply #4

sugarcrum

Thanks!
Yes, I know your chart template, love it. I've been studying all weekend. My wife is ready to strangle me for all the charts I've printed, written on, and left laying around the bed room; not to mention studying and reading *all* weekend. I've been lightly active in the market for several years geared more towards my retirement funds. I'm an avid learner and doing this has fired me up. I've got a long ways to go but reading what you guys post has been very helpful.

March 12, 2012, 05:32:10 PM
Reply #5

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Thanks!
Yes, I know your chart template, love it. I've been studying all weekend. My wife is ready to strangle me for all the charts I've printed, written on, and left laying around the bed room; not to mention studying and reading *all* weekend. I've been lightly active in the market for several years geared more towards my retirement funds. I'm an avid learner and doing this has fired me up. I've got a long ways to go but reading what you guys post has been very helpful.

Attention, this can cause addiction ;D , I am the best example, when I found this, I studied for three years, left my previous profession and job, and, 15 years later, here I am.   
Dr PennyStock

March 12, 2012, 06:11:16 PM
Reply #6

Dunadoni

Thanks!

Attention, this can cause addiction ;D , I am the best example, when I found this, I studied for three years, left my previous profession and job, and, 15 years later, here I am.  

What work did you do before?

March 12, 2012, 06:30:09 PM
Reply #7

kourtvizion

Doc, I am pretty much considering doing the same thing.  I see the potential.  All I am waiting for is the first big win.  Then I will not look back.  No more slaving away for someone who doesnt know your name.  Lets win big soon.  I was hoping that I could give myself a birthday gift of quitting my job but if I have to wait a little longer, I dont mind.

March 12, 2012, 08:18:09 PM
Reply #8

justonian

Doc, I am pretty much considering doing the same thing.  I see the potential.  All I am waiting for is the first big win.  Then I will not look back.  No more slaving away for someone who doesnt know your name.  Lets win big soon.  I was hoping that I could give myself a birthday gift of quitting my job but if I have to wait a little longer, I dont mind.

I second Kourts idea.  Trading stocks is much more fun and liberating than the daily grind. 

March 12, 2012, 09:02:03 PM
Reply #9

IdrA

Out of curiosity, did you study independently on your own for three years, or did you go through formal academic study?

March 13, 2012, 11:12:37 AM
Reply #10

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Thanks!

What work did you do before?

My area is marketing, I've trained sales teams on two of the biggest car makers in the world, I was the responsible for giving training to the sales teams of all the agents of the marks in the whole country, and, as chief of department, I also trained other people to do this work.
Dr PennyStock

March 13, 2012, 11:15:13 AM
Reply #11

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

It will come, be positive, never quit, and, it will come.
Dr PennyStock

March 13, 2012, 11:18:23 AM
Reply #12

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

Out of curiosity, did you study independently on your own for three years, or did you go through formal academic study?

I taught myself, I learned all I know on the stockcharts.com site, training 14 hours per day, and, following the market, and, trading at the same time.
Dr PennyStock

March 13, 2012, 12:33:27 PM
Reply #13

IdrA

I taught myself, I learned all I know on the stockcharts.com site, training 14 hours per day, and, following the market, and, trading at the same time.

Very motivating, you have inspired me! :)

March 13, 2012, 01:42:03 PM
Reply #14

Dr PennyStock

Administrator

Very motivating, you have inspired me! :)

That's great, if I only inspire one person per day, it's a good average ;D
Dr PennyStock