Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: volume of stocks? questions that need to be answered.  (Read 4743 times)

April 09, 2008, 09:11:09 PM
Read 4743 times

armin

i asked this allready, but now im going to put it on this forum. these triplezero stocks have 300 or so million in volume a day meaning 300 million traded a day, with that in mind, why is it the price never goes up nor goes down. whats up with that?

ive traded stocks such as KWBT.ob , this stock allways lacks of volume of only 15 to 20 thousand traded a day, ive bought this twice just for the hell of it and ive put in 300 to 500 each time at .11 and ive never had a problem selling it, and ive made a gain twice.

my first investment i made 6 months ago was NTDOY.PK, (the Wii was hot and it still is,) only average of 400,000 in volume a day most of the time 150,000 in volume a day and i had no trouble selling it.

so guys what the hell are youll talking about when you say the less volume the harder it is to sell when ive sold KBWT twice with no trouble, and it took about 10 seconds to sell it, if there is no volume in this stock how come i traded quickly with it twice?

and dont say it was luck! i assure you i have no luck, i have an illness that affects one out of 10 million, you could say i have the worst luck in the world.

April 09, 2008, 09:36:58 PM
Reply #1

Dzielak51

Its not particularly the Vlolume itself. The price per share has a big factor also.

You can have a stock trade with 200 million in a day and the price of the stock is .0001 . OK so thats only $20,000 traded that day.  Thats pretty low unless you have very little invested in it like say $100-$200.

And there can also be a stock with volume of 50,000 in one day but the price per share is $10.  Now there was $500,000 trade that single day on that stock.  See the big difference?

April 09, 2008, 09:50:18 PM
Reply #2

armin

it makes better sense now. but what about my past with kwbt at .11 and only 15,000 in volume and me putting 500 bucks at the time and selling it with ease? that only adds up to 1650 a day, that aint shit, and ive bought and sold it twice, are you saying i was the main guy who put in the most money at the time? why didnt i have problems selling it?

hey buddy if you could answer my last question, i will truely understand this volume thing.

April 09, 2008, 10:16:33 PM
Reply #3

Dzielak51

No one said its "Impossible" to buy and sell a stock with low volume. It can be done but it is very risky because there is a chance that nobody will want to buy your shares or sell you some.

April 10, 2008, 12:32:46 AM
Reply #4

armin

thanks pal for your reply, so you say its not impossible, it can be done, so there is risk. gottcha my friend, i see an oppertunity in that pick i posted about early today, and i see a good entry point and good exit point and i say why not? what the hell. when the time comes, ill snatch up those shares.

if i did it twice on kwbt, why not do it again?

good night

April 10, 2008, 09:04:53 AM
Reply #5

Dzielak51

Ya, Doc and Tommy advise people to stay away from low volume stock because of the "risk".  I have traded low volume before and sometimes i was able to get out easily but then sometimes i wasnt.

April 10, 2008, 10:35:58 AM
Reply #6

Tommy86

dzielak said it already, but let me add that the risk of low volume stocks is that the MMs can fool you.

they see there is just little interest in a stock so the may create a big spread at the bid/ask.
so if you want to sell for sure you have to sell very low.

but it hasnt to be that way, sometimes you can just sell them at the bid with no problem

April 10, 2008, 01:05:25 PM
Reply #7

armin

thanks guys, man, i gotta lay off the dope and understand this business more, i cant even belive im still alive in my account, not knowing much at all. thannks boys

this volume thing still sounds kinda gay, but this is a game and the rules are made and which evreyone has nod there head and agree and in my case i_(ve got that joint in my hand and saying no way dude are you serious)

July 22, 2008, 05:26:02 PM
Reply #8

johndoe

man thats a dumb post. that guy is crazy. ;D ;D