Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Reminder - U.S. Markets Will Be Closed Tomorrow!  (Read 5070 times)

April 21, 2011, 02:34:56 PM
Read 5070 times

Vegas

Just a reminder... The U.S stock exchanges will be closed tomorrow, April 22, for Good Friday...
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

April 21, 2011, 02:37:29 PM
Reply #1

Chipldr999

April 06, 2012, 07:03:43 AM
Reply #2

cyburfer

Just a reminder... The U.S stock exchanges will be closed tomorrow, April 22, for Good Friday...
                     Is it time for our annual alert already  :o   Cy...

April 06, 2012, 10:12:53 AM
Reply #3

justonian

about half of wells fargo is off today cuz they follow the NYSE.  Me, on the other hand, is here...  after my wife kicking me and pushing me out of bed to make me go to work...  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz neeeed more coffeeeeeeeeee

April 28, 2012, 12:45:22 AM
Reply #4

cyburfer

June 07, 2012, 08:53:34 AM
Reply #5

cyburfer

Just a tid-bit of someone's opinion, but... FWIW    :-\   Cy...

3 Best Trading Months

JANUARY: Absolutely our favorite month as the "January Effect" takes place. The "January Effect" is essentially buying in stocks that were heavily sold for tax loss reasons at the end of the year. This is especially true in small caps and speculative stocks. January is also often a very strong month for the markets as post holiday sales figures are released. Even in a bear market, January will always provide us with a strong performance.

JUNE: Summer doldrums? Not a chance. June is typically the month traders try to make enough to compensate for the doldrums of late July and August. More importantly, it is Russell re-constitution, and positioning in small caps prior to the institutional buying that occurs when new stocks are added to the Russell 2K can result in exceptional short term percentage gains.

NOVEMBER: Typically, October is the worst month for the markets, and November is a rally month as the "Santa" rally begins and mutual fund tax loss selling is over since their fiscal years typically end October 31. Market lows are often set in October, with rallies out of those lows in November.

June 07, 2012, 11:55:22 AM
Reply #6

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Just a tid-bit of someone's opinion, but... FWIW    :-\   Cy...

3 Best Trading Months

JANUARY: Absolutely our favorite month as the "January Effect" takes place. The "January Effect" is essentially buying in stocks that were heavily sold for tax loss reasons at the end of the year. This is especially true in small caps and speculative stocks. January is also often a very strong month for the markets as post holiday sales figures are released. Even in a bear market, January will always provide us with a strong performance.

JUNE: Summer doldrums? Not a chance. June is typically the month traders try to make enough to compensate for the doldrums of late July and August. More importantly, it is Russell re-constitution, and positioning in small caps prior to the institutional buying that occurs when new stocks are added to the Russell 2K can result in exceptional short term percentage gains.

NOVEMBER: Typically, October is the worst month for the markets, and November is a rally month as the "Santa" rally begins and mutual fund tax loss selling is over since their fiscal years typically end October 31. Market lows are often set in October, with rallies out of those lows in November.

True, I noticed it several times.
Dr PennyStock

December 31, 2012, 01:20:40 PM
Reply #7

cyburfer