Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: SPPI - Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - NASDAQ  (Read 6899 times)

April 19, 2011, 11:35:28 AM
Read 6899 times

softballdaddy

SPPI - Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - NASDAQ

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPPI&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p40266324498

This has a PDUFA date of April 29....for a cancer medication

Should see a run up in price this week and early next...bios have been getting bear raids also before date.

I think I will sell half my shares before date...do not have the same faith I had in AMRN
Life is tough, and it is tougher if you are stupid...John Wayne

April 19, 2011, 11:53:56 AM
Reply #1

Vegas

Broke par sar to the upside today...
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

April 27, 2011, 11:30:15 AM
Reply #2

softballdaddy

still holding, haven't seen the upside before the PDUFA date I had hoped...still holding but my trigger finger is starting to twitch

April 27, 2011, 01:12:53 PM
Reply #3

softballdaddy

sold 60% at 9.95..to preserve profit....I'll hold the remainder for approval

April 28, 2011, 11:32:36 AM
Reply #4

softballdaddy

Just broke an 8 year resistance of 10.00...

PDUFA date is tomorrow...still holding remainder for approval...with approval will expect a spike up...without a spike down...just like shooting craps... ;D

April 28, 2011, 11:49:48 AM
Reply #5

softballdaddy

From Seeking Alpha

This Friday, April 29, 2011 Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI) will announce whether the FDA will approve its supplemental new drug application (sNDA) for Fusilev (levo-leucovorin) which is indicated for metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).

As argued back on February 16, 2011, I think the FDA is likely to approve the treatment.

Last Thursday, April 21, SPPI announced that the FDA approved the company’s sNDA for a ready-to-use version of Fusilev (RTU) under the approved osteosarcoma indication.

With a serious short supply of generic leucovorin, it looks like US regulators decided to go ahead and approve the RTU version several months in advance in order to offer additional supplies to a very needy market. Presuming supplies of Fusilev RTU exist, patients will now have access to treatment. From my view, the early RTU approval is a big deal and suggests that Friday (April 29) will likely be a good day for SPPI and their shareholders.

click to enlarge

PART II. THE SHORTAGE

In April 2010, Teva Pharmaceuticals (TEVA) voluntarily stopped making generic leucovorin and other injectable cancer drugs due to manufacturing issues at the company’s plant in Irvine, California. As result, the second leucovorin shortage within the past three years was ignited. According to the FDA, the current shortage began in June 2010.

Fast forward one year later – the leucovorin shortage continues to be a major problem. Patients are not receiving adequate treatment. Last month, the FDA characterized the current leucovorin shortage as “severe” and indicated it will likely continue for some time.

Leucovorin for Colorectal Cancer
In an April 1, 2011 report, Kate Murphy of Fight Colorectal Cancer.org noted, "[m]ost of the medicines with shortages are necessary for emergency care, sedation, or chemotherapy — including leucovorin which is a backbone of most colorectal cancer treatment regimens.”

April 28, 2011, 04:38:42 PM
Reply #6

millie

I wish I would have gotten into this one......nice...
In this market, take your profit and run......

April 28, 2011, 05:39:00 PM
Reply #7

softballdaddy

Millie, we will see tomorrow...it is a crap shoot. I started in with quite a
few shares for me...but sold 60% yesterday to secure profit and minimize loss. Bio-pharmas are dangerous...Lost a ton on PLX 2-25...lock down everyone knew it was an approval, except FDA...but made it up and more on AMRN. This drug will pop the SP 3 or 4 dollars I think...not the market as AMRN had....but it could drop as much if not approved...we will know early in the morning.
I wish I would have gotten into this one......nice...
[/quote)

April 29, 2011, 11:52:41 AM
Reply #8

softballdaddy

Just had a bear raid...really shook some of the stop losses out...dropped 2 dollars in a blink of an eye...recovering nicely...lost my Depends but that is all

April 29, 2011, 02:11:23 PM
Reply #9

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Just had a bear raid...really shook some of the stop losses out...dropped 2 dollars in a blink of an eye...recovering nicely...lost my Depends but that is all

What a drop, these ones are dangerous.
Dr PennyStock

April 29, 2011, 02:40:46 PM
Reply #10

softballdaddy

I had 600 shares left...after some recovery I sold 300 at 9.69....let me lessen my losses if the dice rolls snake eyes.

April 29, 2011, 03:38:14 PM
Reply #11

softballdaddy

April 29, 2011, 11:08:47 PM
Reply #12

softballdaddy

It is a shame American stocks are manipulated like SPPI was Friday...after all of that...approval...

Dice rolled a 7

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/FDA-Approves-FUSILEV-for-Use-bw-3662992486.html?x=0&.v=1

May 02, 2011, 12:37:54 PM
Reply #13

softballdaddy

SPPI Price Target Raised from $10 to $17:

http://www.theflyonthewall.com/permalinks/entry.php/SPPIid1419946/SPPI-Spectrum-Pharm-target-raised-to--from---at-Morgan-Joseph

I do not believe target prices...but I like the fact peoples outlook on this is gaining

May 04, 2011, 12:16:39 PM
Reply #14

softballdaddy

Blood bath on good news .. bought another 1200@ 7.99...I might as well be in your town Vegas...lets roll the dice...

2 quotes come to mind
"A turtle only makes progress when he sticks his neck out."
balanced by  "A fool and his money are soon parted"