Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Blizzard in NYC  (Read 4340 times)

February 10, 2010, 11:15:42 AM
Read 4340 times

Stretcher75

No volume in the market today due to the snow storm rolling through. Almost 5 inches already and up to 14 inches plus expected.  :-\

February 10, 2010, 11:25:56 AM
Reply #1

trada

No volume in the market today due to the snow storm rolling through. Almost 5 inches already and up to 14 inches plus expected.  :-\

I'm here in Baton Rouge and we are expecting snow Thursday/Friday. It is supposed to accumulate to an inch or two...lol. That is big news!

February 10, 2010, 12:09:38 PM
Reply #2

Stretcher75

Congrats on the Saints!

February 10, 2010, 12:12:46 PM
Reply #3

trada

WHO DAT! :) Thanks, it is pretty legit. I can't lie, I am not from here. I moved here about 6 months ago, so, I am not a true, through and through Saints fan, but, it is hard not to enjoy yourself with the non-stop partying. I guess 15% of kids were absent from schools in LA on Monday....lol. I also noticed the morning commute was very little traffic. I didn't hear the statistics, but, I know for a fact a lot of "grown-ups" called out "sick" that day too.

February 10, 2010, 12:18:24 PM
Reply #4

Chipldr999

I get so sick of this snow every year.  Ive had it.  Cant even get up my driveway, and I got stuck in my culdesac on a flat road!

February 10, 2010, 12:22:36 PM
Reply #5

trada

I get so sick of this snow every year.  Ive had it.  Cant even get up my driveway, and I got stuck in my culdesac on a flat road!

Sounds to me like you need 4-wheel drive. I used to live in Maine, so I know all about the snow. I drove a little red Honda Prelude (not 4 wheel drive) so I had plenty of fun in the snow...lol. Atleast it was front wheel drive....tell me non of you have rear wheel drive? That is not fun, that is scary!

February 10, 2010, 12:50:39 PM
Reply #6

Chipldr999

Sounds to me like you need 4-wheel drive. I used to live in Maine, so I know all about the snow. I drove a little red Honda Prelude (not 4 wheel drive) so I had plenty of fun in the snow...lol. Atleast it was front wheel drive....tell me non of you have rear wheel drive? That is not fun, that is scary!

Yea, my car is horrible in the snow.  Volvo s60.  Even with new tires.  It think its the turbo that makes it tougher to keep the rpms down.  It does have a "winter mode" button.  that raises the shift points.  But doenst work the best.

February 10, 2010, 01:10:30 PM
Reply #7

trada

Yea, my car is horrible in the snow.  Volvo s60.  Even with new tires.  It think its the turbo that makes it tougher to keep the rpms down.  It does have a "winter mode" button.  that raises the shift points.  But doenst work the best.

Haha. A "winter mode" button. I have never heard of that before. :) Well, stay safe...and keep it in winter mode. :)