Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Internet phones  (Read 12616 times)

March 25, 2008, 01:26:36 AM
Read 12616 times

Dzielak51

Who here uses their phone to get online and make trades, or do research?

I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home and do my trading at home also. But there are times where i have to leave to go take care of other things and wished i had internet service to check my stocks or buy/sell.  I was thinking of an Iphone (because its an Ipod to) but heard they kinda suck. So you guys have suggestions? 

March 25, 2008, 10:38:01 AM
Reply #1

Tommy86

i´ve heard Blackberry is good for this kind of use, but the newer one(s) if possible

March 25, 2008, 05:33:54 PM
Reply #2

Dzielak51

Ya i was considering the blackberry too.  Its pretty cheap compared to the iphone.

March 25, 2008, 08:09:37 PM
Reply #3

Tommy86

Ya i was considering the blackberry too.  Its pretty cheap compared to the iphone.

yeah, im sure nothing wrong in getting the new blackberry

March 26, 2008, 01:33:56 PM
Reply #4

Dzielak51

I just went and looked at some phones.  I looked at all the blackberrys and the Iphone.  I wasnt impressed with the blackberrys.  The Iphone is so much simpler to use, plus it is more like "real" web surfing.  I think i made up my mind, i will buy the Iphone, just need to make a quick $500 on some stocks to pay for it :o ;)

March 26, 2008, 01:36:12 PM
Reply #5

Tommy86

yeah the iphone is great, besides it looks cool  ;D

March 26, 2008, 01:42:28 PM
Reply #6

Greg

I hear there is a newer model coming out this summer.  Any Ideas?

I know not what I do.  So, I just do it....

March 26, 2008, 01:47:58 PM
Reply #7

Dzielak51

Ya, it will have the 3G network instead of the EDGE network.  Suppose to be alot faster.  I think i will wait for that, im not in a rush.

March 26, 2008, 02:01:28 PM
Reply #8

Tommy86

thats gonna be an expensive phone... :>

March 26, 2008, 02:57:24 PM
Reply #9

Erunion

iPhone for trading?

Are you sure? Do java trading platforms work on iPhone?

March 26, 2008, 03:25:24 PM
Reply #10

Dzielak51

I went onto my scottrade account in the AT&T store with an iphone.

March 26, 2008, 03:38:44 PM
Reply #11

Erunion

Sounds good  8)

iPhone is cool and is very good, but to use 100% of its potential you have to unlock the phone. I have a friend with the iPhone...bought in 5th Avenue, NY. He unlocked the firmware to work with Vodafone & TIM Italy, and now it's a really good phone, but I'm not sure that you can update it with new firmware release on an unlocked phone. But my friend is really noob about electronics devices, so I'm not sure of this  ;D

btw, if you need a really complete cellphone/PDA, you can look HTC  ;)
HTC Touch Cruise and Tytn II are really good. In Italy there are many traders that use HTC PDAs. And if you live in the USA, you are very lucky: usually new technologies are cheaper than in Italy  ::)

BB  8)

March 26, 2008, 03:58:38 PM
Reply #12

Dzielak51

Yes i live i nthe USA.  Unlocking the Iphone would be no benifit to me.  I dont need a different carrier.  AT&T is fine with me.

March 26, 2008, 04:16:35 PM
Reply #13

Dzielak51

I just was not impressed with it.  The websites are already compressed on the blackberrys.  On the Iphone it shows the whole thing, then you can zoom in if you want. Plus i like the keyboard on the Iphone better.  The keys on th blackberry are so small and i dont like having to hold down the ALT button while i try to type numbers.  I was able to "get the job done" alot easier and faster with the iphone.

Do what i did and go to an AT&T store and play around with them and see which ones fit you.  The guy that was helping me kept pushing the blackberry for some reason.( they probably get more commission off of them)

Plus the other bonus for me is that i have a business and my Macbook has my clietns and a calendar with their shedules and i can easily sync that to my phone.  Plus you got you the Ipod built in to.

March 26, 2008, 06:39:02 PM
Reply #14

Cody Kemper

Get a windows mobile phone. The new Sony Ericson Xperia x1 will be released this summer or fall and will be a GSM phone so it will work for T-mobile or Cingular.