Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Broker  (Read 4770 times)

March 30, 2009, 11:34:47 AM
Read 4770 times

KC

What broker can be used to short stocks less than $5?  Scottrade will not do this.  Also, I hear often about a 3 day rule, and I've never been hit with this with Scottrade.  Any reason why?
I settle for 25%.

March 30, 2009, 11:41:56 AM
Reply #1

softballdaddy

You must have a margin account at Scott Trade
Life is tough, and it is tougher if you are stupid...John Wayne

March 30, 2009, 12:10:29 PM
Reply #2

Dzielak51

You must have a margin account at Scott Trade

You cannot Short Sale a stock under $5.00 with or without a margin account with Scottrade.  Im not sure who would let you do this.

March 30, 2009, 12:22:12 PM
Reply #3

softballdaddy

DZ, I miswrote, what was meant was....not having the 3 day envoked may be by having a margin...I have a cash account with Scott and they invoke the 3 day with me
Life is tough, and it is tougher if you are stupid...John Wayne

March 30, 2009, 01:18:52 PM
Reply #4

Dzielak51

Gotcha, i forgot to read the last part of his post, lol.

Yes, Scottrade has a 3 day trading rule, but technically you dont have to wait 3 days to buy, you have to wait 3 days to sell.

For example i buy XYZ with all my money in the account ( dont ever do this, for example only) on Monday, then sell the same day.  I can then buy something again today, tomorrow or wednsday, as long as i hold it till Thursday ( the 3rd day) i can then sell what i bought with the unsettled money.  If you sell before the 3 days is up you will get a bunch of warnings.  Ive gotten away with it many times, but i dont advise of it.

March 30, 2009, 01:35:59 PM
Reply #5

hangin1

can someone recommend a good free real time quote program to use with my zecco account? I been using investors hub streamer but its not real time it seems to be pretty delayed and has caused me to miss alot of buy points so any help is appreciated thanks and hope all are having a great day...

March 30, 2009, 01:37:05 PM
Reply #6

Dzielak51

i use quote tracker, i also have Scottrade Elite but i like quotetracker better

March 30, 2009, 01:41:08 PM
Reply #7

hangin1

I tried to use quotetracker with my zecco account but couldnt get it to work for some reason im guessing due to the fact its not listed in the quote source list to the right so not sure it will work.. thanks for the advice though

March 30, 2009, 02:17:49 PM
Reply #8

Dzielak51

What i did with quote tracker is open an account with TD AMeritrade ( get more things out of it with TD ) and dont ever fund the account unless you want to. After you open the account use that account # and password with quotetracker and your good to go.

March 30, 2009, 02:21:03 PM
Reply #9

hangin1

aww ok thanks for the advice and I will do that in the next few days thanks again for the quick response.

March 30, 2009, 02:27:31 PM
Reply #10

KC

Thanks everyone.  Obviously I don't have a margin account, but hope too soon!   Thanks for the 3day clarification too.
I settle for 25%.

April 01, 2009, 02:18:04 AM
Reply #11

Shali

I recently downloaded Quotetracker but don't find it as easy to use as Scottrade Elite, maybe just cuz I haven't gotten used to it. I know a lot of ppl like it and use it. It just confounds me.

Why do you like it better than Elite?

April 01, 2009, 06:12:36 AM
Reply #12

Vegas

I recently downloaded Quotetracker but don't find it as easy to use as Scottrade Elite, maybe just cuz I haven't gotten used to it. I know a lot of ppl like it and use it. It just confounds me.

Why do you like it better than Elite?

I use both Shali and I prefer my Scottrade live stream also... I use Quotetracker for my watch list...
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

April 01, 2009, 10:13:33 AM
Reply #13

Dzielak51

I like quotetrackers intraday charts better.  I think its easier on the eyes the way i have it setup with QT.  I tried setting them up with Elite the same way but its just not the same. 

But i like Elite alot also.  Alot of things you can do that QT cant.  I really like the linker feature.