Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: C - Citigroup, Inc. - NYSE  (Read 35644 times)

November 21, 2008, 04:04:44 PM
Read 35644 times

eric1960

November 21, 2008, 04:08:05 PM
Reply #1

budfox1986

its gonna either double or go BK. why not just play roullette?

November 21, 2008, 04:10:09 PM
Reply #2

Greg

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=c&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p28479235044

Keep your eye on this one.

Hey Eric, check a search before posting..this is listed elsewhere, although your correct where you place it...It was up last week now <$5 dollars this week...We just haven't been moving the topics around that much because of the Volatility ....LOL...I almost moved them this morning, but decided against...If Doc wants me to, I can move them..

On another note, your right, watch out for "C"... Have you looked at the options...Whooooaaaa,,,,cheap..
I know not what I do.  So, I just do it....

November 21, 2008, 07:46:44 PM
Reply #3

eric1960

Sorry about that.

November 24, 2008, 03:10:43 AM
Reply #4

Allen

Citigroup is getting major bailout deal ! This has got to have a positive effect on its share price Monday morning. Any comments?

November 24, 2008, 08:40:23 AM
Reply #5

Stretcher75

It already has affected the PPS, it's going for about 5.60 in pre market hours.

November 24, 2008, 10:22:10 AM
Reply #6

Stretcher75

How high do we see this going today? I'm sure it's going to have a ton of momo.

November 24, 2008, 11:04:43 AM
Reply #7

SteadyZ

This isn't a fact, but I heard something about $ 10.85

November 24, 2008, 11:07:08 AM
Reply #8

SteadyZ

Actually the gov't strike price to buy is at $ 10.61, maybe it will do that.

November 24, 2008, 11:16:45 AM
Reply #9

RoagTrader

Gold Member
I bought the Dec 2.50 puts

November 24, 2008, 11:40:00 AM
Reply #10

Homefree

Roag what's your thinking on this ? just curious

November 24, 2008, 12:04:03 PM
Reply #11

RoagTrader

Gold Member
Roag what's your thinking on this ? just curious

I don't think $20 billion plus guaranteeing another $300 billion in distressed assets is enough for a company with over $2 trillion in assets.  Once these companies lose most of their value it's like a snowball effect, look at all the others that have been bailed out.

It's a big gamble either way, some are going to make a lot of money and some are going to lose a lot of money, you can flip a coin on this one.

January 30, 2009, 01:14:58 PM
Reply #12

jotuk6771

Bought today  @ 3.65

January 30, 2009, 10:18:57 PM
Reply #13

eric1960

Several poeple on CNBC think it's going to 1.00.

January 31, 2009, 04:50:42 PM
Reply #14

jotuk6771

Several poeple on CNBC think it's going to 1.00.

CNBC are just a bunch of jokers !  THEY've created the last sell off friday by providing false informations LIVE !  >:(

These stupid "PRO" analysts made me sold my FAS for a ridiculous profit !  >:(

Here is the truth about the Obama Plans :

31-01-2009 12:15 Obama pledges mortgage help with new financial plan

WASHINGTON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama promised on Saturday to help lower Americans' mortgage costs with a new plan, coming soon, that would revive the financial system and 'get credit flowing again.'

Obama, who has made fighting the country's economic and financial crises the top priority of his young administration, called on the U.S. Senate to approve an economic stimulus bill that the House of Representatives passed this week.

But as economic conditions get worse the president said new strategies were coming to address the country's ills.

'Soon my Treasury secretary, Tim Geithner, will announce a new strategy for reviving our financial system that gets credit flowing to businesses and families,' Obama, a Democrat, said in his weekly radio address.

'We'll help lower mortgage costs and extend loans to small businesses so they can create jobs.'

Copyright Thomson Reuters 2009.

"A big bang plan to clean up US banking system"

By Krishna Guha in Washington

Published: January 30 2009 23:31 | Last updated: January 30 2009 23:31

The big bang announcement by US Treasury planned for next week is likely to have three key economic elements: moves to clean up the banking system, moves to restore the flow of credit in securitised financial markets, and moves to reduce home foreclosures.

The exact shape of the banking sector clean-up plan has still not been finalised. But it is likely to involve elements of both a “bad-bank” solution and insurance-style guarantees on pools of problem assets that remain on bank balance sheets.

Assuming this approach is approved, the bad bank would be capitalised with equity from the Treasury’s troubled asset relief programme (Tarp) and take on debt, possibly guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), with some Washington insiders estimating it would have about $1,000bn purchasing power.

It would acquire securities that had already been heavily marked down by financial institutions, probably using a valuation model rather than an auction-based process to determine pricing.

The US authorities may al­so provide insurance-style guarantees on pools of problem assets that remain on bank balance sheets. This approach is seen by some as better suited to assets that have not yet been heavily written down and for loan portfolios that are in the early stages of deterioration. The bank clean-up is likely to be paired with a revamped recapitalisation scheme, involving a thorough overhaul of Tarp.

Additional restrictions on executive pay and excessive dividends are likely, in an effort to avoid leakage of public capital to employees and shareholders, as well as to shore up public support for the unpopular process.

Treasury is also likely to announce a separate battery of moves designed to revitalise the securitised markets for credit. This could involve a scaling up of an existing Treasury-Federal Reserve joint venture called the term asset-backed securities loan facility, which provides low cost loans for investors willing to buy new securitised consumer loans.

This approach may also be used to try to restore the flow of credit for commercial mortgage-backed securities, jumbo mortgage-backed securities and municipal bonds. It is possible that the Treasury could offer some credit guarantees in a further effort to boost credit flows, though some policymakers are hesitant.

The foreclosure relief element of the package is likely to commit tens of billions of dollars to support schemes that aim to lower monthly mortgage payments to no more than 38 per cent of income, though it will probably also include backing for loan principal reductions in cases where the mortgage is worth a lot more than the value of a home.

The 38 per cent limit has emerged as a rough consensus among policymakers, as the standard used by the FDIC, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the Hope Now alliance of mortgage servicers and recently the Federal Reserve.

The Fed recently announced plans to support loan modifications to reduce monthly payments to no more than 38 per cent of income and to support principal writedowns for loans worth 125 per cent of the value of a home or more, for mortgages owned or part-owned by some of its special purpose vehicles. While this is a Fed-only programme, it provides some indication of where Treasury’s thinking may come out.

Obama economic officials see the backing for banks and credit markets on the one hand, and housing on the other, as part of a three-legged stool – the other being the fiscal stimulus plan before Congress.
(...)

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2009

Keep buying the Cramer stocks and watching CNBC. They REALLY know what is going on... LMFAO!!!  ;D

We could see a nice short squeeze next week....  ;D