Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Which is Correct?  (Read 3072 times)

September 30, 2008, 12:05:50 PM
Read 3072 times

Maverick88

When looking at a quote on quotetracker it says ask:0.20 then when I look on TD Ameritrade is say ask:0.22 which is correct?

September 30, 2008, 12:33:11 PM
Reply #1

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
If you have your QT connected with your tdameritrade account, they must be the same.
Dr PennyStock

September 30, 2008, 12:42:06 PM
Reply #2

Maverick88

Yes I do, you are given the choice at the beginning of signup correct? You log on to quotetracker using your TD Ameritrade account. The only thing I did not opt for was executing trades through quotetracker. I checked right now and they were the same but, a few minutes ago they were different, seems TD always has a higher asking.

A side question, I just opened my TDAmeritrade account and it says you have $2000 in your balance for trading, and withdrawal. However it will not allow me to place an order.

September 30, 2008, 01:36:03 PM
Reply #3

Maverick88

Yes I do, you are given the choice at the beginning of signup correct? You log on to quotetracker using your TD Ameritrade account. The only thing I did not opt for was executing trades through quotetracker. I checked right now and they were the same but, a few minutes ago they were different, seems TD always has a higher asking.

A side question, I just opened my TDAmeritrade account and it says you have $2000 in your balance for trading, and withdrawal. However it will not allow me to place an order. Do I have to wait a certian amoutn of time? I transferred money in directly from my bank account.

September 30, 2008, 01:43:30 PM
Reply #4

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
If it says that the funds are available for trading, I have no idea why you can't trade, just send them an email from inside your account, usually they respond very fast, within an hour or less.
Dr PennyStock

September 30, 2008, 02:38:15 PM
Reply #5

Jayhawk

TDAmeritrade will not allow you to trade penny stocks until 3 or 5 business days or so.  I had the same issue when i initially opened mine.  Like doc said, send them an email or call for better explanation.
@NN75 (twitter)

September 30, 2008, 02:44:02 PM
Reply #6

jotuk6771

TDAmeritrade will not allow you to trade penny stocks until 3 or 5 business days or so.  I had the same issue when i initially opened mine.  Like doc said, send them an email or call for better explanation.

All these stupid restrictions...  :(   Go to Zecco!!!  ;) 

October 01, 2008, 01:19:21 AM
Reply #7

Vegas

A side question, I just opened my TDAmeritrade account and it says you have $2000 in your balance for trading, and withdrawal. However it will not allow me to place an order. Do I have to wait a certian amoutn of time? I transferred money in directly from my bank account.

If you just deposited the funds via electronic transfer, there is a three day waiting period for the funds to clear before you are authorized to trade.
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

October 01, 2008, 08:59:32 PM
Reply #8

Maverick88

Silly question would that be after the 3 days or on the 3rd? I opened it on sunday and my account looks like this:

Cash balance   $0.00   
Money market   $2,000.00   
Avail. funds for trading   $2,000.00   
Avail. for withdrawal   $2,000.00   
Non-marginable funds   $0.00   
Account value   $2,000.00

Could the problem be that I opened a cash account? if so how would I go about changing to a cash,margin? Just calling in? I e-mailed them yesterday and no reply yet.

Sorry for all the questions.