Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: FNSR - Finisar Corporation - NASDAQ  (Read 4263 times)

September 09, 2008, 01:51:12 AM
Read 4263 times

Vegas

I see Greg picked this in the challenge so I checked it out and thought I would open a post for it since I like the looks of the chart... I think it is going to drop tomorrow for Greg,  :D, but I put it on the watch list... It's even forming a nice big pincher... ;D

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FNSR&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p11530901891
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

September 09, 2008, 01:54:01 AM
Reply #1

Vegas

I see Greg picked this in the challenge so I checked it out and thought I would open a post for it since I like the looks of the chart... I think it is going to drop tomorrow for Greg,  :D, but I put it on the watch list... It's even forming a nice big pincher... ;D

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=FNSR&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p11530901891

Oops... I see DZ picked FNSR first... Doesn't matter as they are both going to get their butts kicked on Tuesday... ;D
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

September 09, 2008, 11:05:16 AM
Reply #2

Vegas

Oops... I see DZ picked FNSR first... Doesn't matter as they are both going to get their butts kicked on Tuesday... ;D

Oops..... Up 15% in the first half hour... ;D

September 09, 2008, 11:08:16 AM
Reply #3

Richmm63

Oops..... Up 15% in the first half hour... ;D
LOL..too funny   ;D

September 09, 2008, 11:33:15 AM
Reply #4

Greg

Earnings report was posted at 4PM yesterday...So sorry...It's going up for now.... ;D
I know not what I do.  So, I just do it....

September 09, 2008, 12:38:20 PM
Reply #5

johndoe

strong earnings, this will recover.

October 31, 2008, 02:23:41 PM
Reply #6

zdeville

*Do not buy or sell based on my opinion.  Do your DD*

November 03, 2008, 10:53:16 AM
Reply #7

zdeville

Finisar Corporation Announces Renewal/Extension of Credit Facilities and Retirement of 5.25% Convertible Notes
Monday November 3, 6:00 am ET

SUNNYVALE, CA--(MARKET WIRE)--Nov 3, 2008 -- Finisar Corporation (NasdaqGS:FNSR - News), a global technology leader for fiber optic subsystems and network test systems, today announced that it has renewed and extended the maturity of its lines of credit totaling $70 million with Silicon Valley Bank. The Company also announced that it has retired, through private repurchases and payment at maturity, the total remaining principal balance of its 5.25% convertible notes, totaling $92 million as of October 15, 2008.

ADVERTISEMENT
Lines of Credit

The Company's line of credit under its non-recourse receivables purchase agreement with Silicon Valley Bank has been increased from $10 million to $16 million, and its termination date has been extended from October 24, 2008 to October 24, 2009. Under this credit facility, the Company may sell on a non-recourse basis certain qualifying receivables for cash.

The Company's line of credit under its letter of credit reimbursement agreement has been reduced from $10 million to $9 million, and its termination date has also been extended from October 24, 2008 to October 24, 2009.

As of August 2, 2008, the end of its most recent fiscal quarter, the Company had used approximately $5 million under the non-recourse receivables purchase line of credit and approximately $9 million under the letter of credit reimbursement agreement.

The Company's secured line of credit which was to mature on March 13, 2009, has been reduced from $50 million to $45 million and its termination date has been extended to July 15, 2010. The Company has not utilized any portion of this line of credit.

Retirement of 5.25% Convertible Notes

As reported at the Company's Analyst Day Event in New York on October 7, 2008, the Company purchased approximately $70 million of its 5.25% convertible notes in private cash transactions prior to the notes' maturity. The remaining principal balance of $22 million was paid at maturity on October 15, 2008.

ABOUT FINISAR

Finisar Corporation (NasdaqGS:FNSR - News) is a global technology leader for fiber optic subsystems and network test systems that enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for networking, storage, wireless, and cable TV applications. For more than 20 years, Finisar has provided critical optics technologies to system manufacturers to meet the increasing demands for network bandwidth and storage. Finisar is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA with R&D, manufacturing sites, and sales offices worldwide. For additional information, visit www.finisar.com.

November 03, 2008, 12:16:31 PM
Reply #8

zdeville