Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Seasonal stocks  (Read 3688 times)

August 25, 2008, 11:06:12 AM
Read 3688 times

tu

Would it be helpful to have a section on seasonal stocks on this site?

August 25, 2008, 12:21:17 PM
Reply #1

Vegas

Would it be helpful to have a section on seasonal stocks on this site?

Not really... It is getting hard to keep up with all of the options we have available now... It you stick to trading the charts, they will reflect everything including the season... My two cents... ;D
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

August 25, 2008, 12:45:05 PM
Reply #2

tu

Ya, I guess the season would be when it's ready to go.

Thanks

August 26, 2008, 01:41:33 PM
Reply #3

Greg

Ya, I guess the season would be when it's ready to go.

Thanks

NSMG is a good seasonal stock...during Hurricane season..UP 60% this afternoon..
I know not what I do.  So, I just do it....

August 26, 2008, 02:03:08 PM
Reply #4

Richmm63

Speaking of season, Greg, you might have a hurricaine coming your way..

August 26, 2008, 02:11:39 PM
Reply #5

Greg

Already plotting it...How about Florida, may miss ya think...

August 26, 2008, 02:17:50 PM
Reply #6

Richmm63

I hope it does miss us, still soaking wet from the last storm..

August 26, 2008, 02:21:11 PM
Reply #7

Greg

I hope it does miss us, still soaking wet from the last storm..

My rain gauge marked 10" the night before last...Yesterday was mild and today thunderstorms...LOL

Fay went North..

August 26, 2008, 02:35:22 PM
Reply #8

Richmm63

I know what you mean, Fay just sat over us dumping rain to the tune of about 17 inchs.

September 01, 2008, 12:18:17 PM
Reply #9

tu

Posted by: Greg on August 26, 2008, 12:41:33 PM
NSMG is a good seasonal stock...during Hurricane season..UP 60% this afternoon..

Sorry for the late reply Greg... didn't think there were any more posts in this thread. Was going to start another one on premarket and aftermarket trading and ask what to look for as strengths and weaknesses.

In regards to this stock, hope you got in on the day you posted for a really big gain of more than 400% in 3 days.

Qs---
What makes this a pinky and why are stocks in the pink sheets high risk?

And, is this a relatively stronger stock in this environment?

September 01, 2008, 06:26:22 PM
Reply #10

Vegas

Qs---
What makes this a pinky and why are stocks in the pink sheets high risk?

The Pink Sheets are different from the OTCBB, NYSE, AMEX, etc... Companies on the Pink Sheets are not required to meet minimum requirements or file with the SEC. So-named because they were actually printed on pink paper, the Pink Sheets started out as a daily quote service provided by the National Quotation Bureau.

Typically, companies are on the Pink Sheets because either they are too small to be listed on a national exchange or they do not wish to make their budgets and accounting statements public. To avoid having to file with the SEC, some large foreign companies such as Nestle S.A. have penetrated the American securities markets through the Pink Sheets.

Companies listed on the Pink Sheets are difficult to analyze because it is tough to obtain accurate information about them. The companies on the Pink Sheets are usually penny stocks and are often targets of price manipulation. They should only be purchased with extreme caution as it is figured that approximately 90% of them are pure scams. Good luck finding the 10% that are not... ;D
♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦

September 01, 2008, 11:25:27 PM
Reply #11

tu

So is it the potential high return that attracts traders to companies on the pink sheets?

And how do you gauge a good trading company?

September 02, 2008, 12:48:24 AM
Reply #12

Vegas

So is it the potential high return that attracts traders to companies on the pink sheets?

And how do you gauge a good trading company?

Yes. The same reason some of us like to dabble in the penny stocks from all indexes... It's those 30% returns we seek... ;D

I guess the best way to guage a company is to study their product, sales and of course, the financials...