Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Rules  (Read 5771 times)

February 10, 2012, 04:10:21 PM
Read 5771 times

Dasein

As I have been trying to gain as much knowledge on trading as possible, one of the pieces of advice I have heard time and time again is to have a set of rules and not to deviate from them. This is meant to keep emotion buying/selling to a minimum. Wondering if people have rules they follow to trade consistently--yes, buy low, sell high.

For instance, one of the very helpful strategies that Doc shared on another post of mine was to trade your account in thirds. This was very helpful. Others?

February 10, 2012, 05:04:28 PM
Reply #1

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
As I have been trying to gain as much knowledge on trading as possible, one of the pieces of advice I have heard time and time again is to have a set of rules and not to deviate from them. This is meant to keep emotion buying/selling to a minimum. Wondering if people have rules they follow to trade consistently--yes, buy low, sell high.

For instance, one of the very helpful strategies that Doc shared on another post of mine was to trade your account in thirds. This was very helpful. Others?

Besides that one, I only have one rule that I follow, making as much money as possible ;D
Dr PennyStock

February 10, 2012, 06:58:32 PM
Reply #2

Dasein

Seth: thanks for that

Doc: I read somewhere else, real trading is an art, rules are for fools.

February 11, 2012, 09:46:40 AM
Reply #3

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Seth: thanks for that

Doc: I read somewhere else, real trading is an art, rules are for fools.

It's exactly my opinion, trading is an art.
Dr PennyStock