Cookie Consent by Privacy Policies website

Dr PennyStock Forum

Author Topic: Keeping Track of Things  (Read 6710 times)

August 12, 2009, 11:41:17 AM
Read 6710 times

RoagTrader

Gold Member
Guys, is anyone keeping track of all the stocks that are played (or even mentioned) after they're sold or their run is over (pinchers and Doc's plays especially)?  I'm talking long-term, not over a few weeks.

I know it's a lot of stocks to monitor, but if no one else is doing it I'm going to do it myself (and of course share it with everyone here).  There are a lot of stocks that are played that are good buys when they go back down, many of them to levels below what we first bought them at.  And then they make another big run (like ARSC, OPGX, et al).

In order to take advantage of this, you need enough funds to buy a few different stocks and be willing to hold them, sometimes for months.   Maybe take 1/2 your funds and use them for this strategy and the other half for quick trades.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

August 12, 2009, 12:53:02 PM
Reply #1

Dr PennyStock

Administrator
Roag, that is a hell of a work, I think that will not be useful because any stock after a big run will fall slowly for months, and, 90% of them will fall to the previous level when the run begans.
Dr PennyStock

August 12, 2009, 01:26:12 PM
Reply #2

ShyTrader

Guys, is anyone keeping track of all the stocks that are played (or even mentioned) after they're sold or their run is over (pinchers and Doc's plays especially)?  I'm talking long-term, not over a few weeks.

I know it's a lot of stocks to monitor, but if no one else is doing it I'm going to do it myself (and of course share it with everyone here).  There are a lot of stocks that are played that are good buys when they go back down, many of them to levels below what we first bought them at.  And then they make another big run (like ARSC, OPGX, et al).

In order to take advantage of this, you need enough funds to buy a few different stocks and be willing to hold them, sometimes for months.   Maybe take 1/2 your funds and use them for this strategy and the other half for quick trades.

I have probably been doing something like what you are thinking. I've been watching stocks, some of the old stocks, and trying to find ones that are down and look to me like they have a good potential to recover (or spike again).

As there are more postings and more stock added to the blog, it's getting harder and harder to keep track of. (as doc said above), it's almost unmanageable.

If there was a way to tag some of the "topics" (stock blogs) as ignore or interest, that would make things easier, but right now things are getting a little unrealistically difficult, and I'm really not finding much.

August 12, 2009, 02:44:49 PM
Reply #3

RoagTrader

Gold Member
I think I'll limit it to about 50 stocks, that should be enough.

August 12, 2009, 11:25:42 PM
Reply #4

ShyTrader

My problem is picking those 50 stocks. There are way more listed on the board, and it's hard to follow only the ones you want to.

I've started an XLS with ones I want to AVOID, but I update that once every other week (see if I still want to avoid them), but it's an extra step, and it all takes time.

If you come up with any good ideas, please let me know.

August 12, 2009, 11:31:04 PM
Reply #5

RoagTrader

Gold Member
OK let me think about this for a few days.  I'll come up with something, there are just too many stocks that are buys that I'm missing.

Thanks.

August 12, 2009, 11:51:56 PM
Reply #6

ShyTrader

I know the feeling. That is why I started these lists... I just cannot keep up and look at all of them either

August 17, 2009, 04:25:25 AM
Reply #7

joemamaspeed

In order to take advantage of this, you need enough funds to buy a few different stocks and be willing to hold them, sometimes for months.   Maybe take 1/2 your funds and use them for this strategy and the other half for quick trades.

A lot of pro's keep trading the same stocks over and over. after a while they start to get a feel for them. I have been in and out of FRE ( along with hundreds of traders) and would never stop watching or remove these plays from my list  ;D