Dr PennyStock Free Forums
January 23, 2018, 02:37:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MDW - Midway Gold, Inc. - AMEX  (Read 8547 times)
Vegas

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:03:48 AM »

Midway Reports Significant Gold Resource Increase At Gold Rock, Nevada

February 29, 2012

Midway Gold Corp. announces a new Indicated resource of 310,000 ounces (oz) of gold and Inferred resource of 331,000 oz of gold at the Company’s Gold Rock project, White Pine County, Nevada. The gold resource, which appears to be open in all directions, represents a significant increase above the previously reported 344,700 oz historic estimate. The Indicated resource is contained in 12,968,000 tonnes at a grade of 0.74 grams per tonne (gpt) gold. The Inferred resource is contained in 17,894,000 tonnes at a grade of 0.58 gpt gold. The new resource includes results from 466 verified historic drill holes and 31 Midway verification holes that were drilled in 2011. Gold Rock lies 8 km southeast of Midway’s Pan project.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-reports-significant-gold-increase-130000287.html

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
Vegas

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

Midway Gold Closes US$15,694,799 Offering of Units

July 06, 2012

Midway Gold Corp.,has closed its previously announced unit offering in Canada and the United States (the "Offering") for aggregate gross proceeds of US$15,694,799 through the issue of 12,261,562 units (the "Units") at a price of US$1.28 per Unit, including the partial exercise of the over-allotment option.  Each Unit consists of one common share and one-half of one common share purchase warrant. Each whole warrant (a "Warrant") will entitle the holder to purchase one common share at a price of US$1.85 per share for a period of 18 months following the closing of the Offering.  Midway can accelerate the expiry of the warrants to a date 30 days after giving notice to the holders thereof in the event Midway's common shares trade at a closing price on the NYSE MKT of greater than US$2.10 for a period of 20 consecutive trading days following the closing.

The Offering was conducted through a syndicate of underwriters co-led by RBC Capital Markets and Haywood Securities Inc. and including Stifel Nicolaus Canada Inc. (collectively, the "Underwriters") who were paid a cash commission of 6% of the total gross proceeds of the Offering as consideration for their services in connection with the Offering. Midway intends to use the net proceeds of the Offering to advance its projects and for general corporate purposes (including property maintenance fees) as detailed in the Company's final prospectus supplement dated June 26, 2012 relating to the Offering (the "Prospectus Supplement").

http://www.kitco.com/pr/frame/index_prec.html?http://www.usetdas.com/TDAS/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsID=19981

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
Vegas

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 08:57:07 PM »

Midway Gold Announces Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

Form 10-Q for MIDWAY GOLD CORP

Nov 9 - 2012

Quarterly Report

Item 2. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.
You should read the following discussion and analysis of our financial condition and results of operations together with our financial statements and related notes appearing elsewhere in this Quarterly Report filed on Form 10-Q. This discussion and analysis contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Our actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, but not limited to, those set forth under the heading "Risk Factors and Uncertainties" in our Form 10-K filed with the SEC on March 9, 2012, and elsewhere in this report.

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/121109/mdw10-q.html

Vegas

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 09:58:27 AM »

Midway Drills 106.7 Meters of 1.23 gpt Gold at the Gold Rock Project, Nevada

January 7, 2013

Midway Gold Corp. is pleased to announce drill results from its Gold Rock project, White Pine County, Nevada, which have identified several new zones of mineralization.

Drilling at Gold Rock continues to confirm historic drill results. Additionally, step-out holes have been successful in identifying new extensions to the current gold mineralization with the goal of expanding the resource ahead of developing the mine plan at Gold Rock and beginning the formal permitting process. Our geologists have also identified a large number of nearby targets that warrant further drilling to test for additional upside potential,” commented Ken Brunk, President & CEO of Midway. “The Company anticipates that Gold Rock will be the next project in our portfolio to go into production, following the construction and start-up of the Pan project.”

Midway currently has one RC rig operating on the Gold Rock property. Table 1 lists previously unreleased drill results completed at Gold Rock. The Company has completed 11,872 meters of RC drilling and 1,634 meters of core drilling thus far in 2012. An additional 6,084 meters of RC is planned and drilling may extend into the beginning of 2013.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-drills-106-7-meters-124500738.html

Vegas

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:48 AM »

Midway Completes Gold Rock Plan of Operations, White Pine County, Nevada

April 2, 2013

Midway Gold Corp. announces completion and filing of a Plan of Operations for the Company’s second project, Gold Rock. The PoO for Gold Rock, submitted to the Bureau of Land Management on March 21st, 2013, has been accepted as complete, and officially begins the project’s Environmental Impact Statement process. Gold Rock is scheduled to be the Company’s second operating gold mine and is currently targeted for production in 2016.

Ken Brunk, Midway’s President & CEO, stated, “We are moving forward at Midway. We are building a mining company. Initiating the permit process at Gold Rock is part of our strategy of developing a pipeline of projects leading to future production. We want to leverage the experience gained from permitting the Pan project along with the relationship we’ve developed with the Ely BLM office. Our first priority remains getting our Pan project into production near term. We are positioning Gold Rock to be our next mine after Pan.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-completes-gold-rock-plan-114500377.html

Vegas

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »

Midway Updates Progress at Pan Project, Nevada

July 30, 2013

Midway Gold Corp. reports that the Company’s Pan heap leach gold project (“Pan”) is on schedule for construction in Q4 2013 and production in 2014. Permitting, financing, and engineering optimization continue to advance on schedule. For the financing discussions, an updated feasibility study will incorporate optimization and detailed engineering conducted after the November 2011 Feasibility. The revised FS with updated costs is expected in Q3.

It has been several months since we have updated our shareholders and other interested followers of Midway on our activities and progress. We have been extremely busy permitting, updating the Pan project technical and financial information, evaluating details within the heap leach operating parameters, conducting a trial blast to get rock breakage and powder factor confirmation, performing additional large scale, 25-ton leach tests, optimizing the mine plan and dig plans, re-evaluating the operating costs, re-visiting the capital costs, improving the construction plan and schedule, performing in-depth risk analyses of every aspect of the project and examining financing alternatives for the balance of funding needed to bring the project to production in August of 2014.

The most significant event for Midway will be the creation of profitable cash flow from the Pan Mine. Planning for the creation of this cash flow stream began over three years ago with the design of a plan to develop the Pan project into a producing facility. We have been operating on that plan since April 2010. We are within three weeks of that original schedule and production for Pan is within six weeks of the original target. That does not mean that every internal segment of the schedule has seen no variance; it does mean that the overall schedule has been managed such that we expect to pour gold in August of 2014. I believe that such performance speaks well for the team.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-updates-progress-pan-project-114500732.html

Vegas

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »

Midway Gold Announces Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results

August 5, 2013

Midway Gold Corporation announces financial results for the period ended June 30, 2013. These results were filed today with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in the Company’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q, and with the relevant securities regulators in Canada.

Recent Highlights
• Midway received additional key permits required for the Pan project • Class I Air Quality Operating Permit to Construct - Announced May 30, 2013
• Class I Mercury Operating Permit to Construct
• The Pan Draft Environmental Impact Statement public comment period closed in May and the project received an overwhelmingly positive response
• Midway began trading on the TSX main board
• Barrick’s Q1 2013 progress on Midway’s Spring Valley project in Pershing County, Nevada • Informed Midway they had completed expenditure requirement of $30 million to earn a 60% interest in the project and were exercising their option to spend an additional $8 million to earn a 70% interest
• Announced a 2013 budget of $8 million for exploration and $2 million for development

Results from Operations
Midway is continuing to advance the Pan project towards production in the second half of 2014, which has resulted in increased operating expenses. The operating loss of $4.5M for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, was primarily due to legal, audit, and accounting costs of $1.8M, salaries and benefits of $1.2M and mineral exploration expenditures of $0.7M. Legal, audit and accounting costs are related to legal expenses incurred on various corporate matters, and financial advisory services for investigating Pan Project financing options. Salaries and benefits have increased period over period as a result of increased staffing. Mineral exploration expenditures were driven by permitting activities at the Gold Rock project as well as salaries and labor costs across all the Company’s projects.

The Company realized other income of $7.3M in the current quarter, related to recorded gains from the change in the fair value of derivative liabilities, due to a decrease in its stock price from March 31, 2013, to June 30, 2013. As the Company’s stock price fluctuates, it will continue to recognize changes in the fair value of derivative liabilities thereby resulting in non-cash gains or losses.

The Company’s consolidated net income attributable to common shareholders for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 was $2,436,696 or $0.02 basic and $0.00 diluted income per share compared to a loss of $4,227,245 or $0.04 basic and diluted loss per share for the comparable period in 2012.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-gold-announces-second-quarter-114500984.html

Vegas

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »

Midway Reports Excellent Q2 Drill Results at Spring Valley, Nevada

September 4, 2013

Midway Gold Corp. announces that Barrick has completed their planned 2013 drilling program ahead of schedule at the Spring Valley Project in Nevada. Barrick Gold Exploration Inc. ("Barrick") is earning into the project. Development drilling, designed to upgrade the quality of the resource, continued to produce excellent intercepts. Assay results are still pending for 20 of the holes reported here.

Development Drilling
The 2013 drilling program is complete for the year with a total of 11,996 meters in 24 RC holes and 8,840 meters in 26 core holes. Development drilling in the resource area is focused on upgrading the quality of the resource for future reserve calculations. Additional expansion potential remains at depth and to the north of the deposit.

Earn-In
Barrick reported in April that they had exceeded the cumulative expenditure requirement of $30M to earn a 60% interest in the property. They also exercised their option to spend an additional $8 million to earn a 70% interest. At the current rate of expenditure, Midway continues to anticipate that Barrick will complete the cumulative expenditure of $38 million to earn a 70% interest in the project by the end of 2013.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-reports-excellent-q2-drill-114500672.html

Vegas

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »

Midway Gold Announces Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

November 6, 2013

Midway Gold Corp. announces financial results for the period ended September 30, 2013. These results were filed today with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in the Company’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q, and with the relevant securities regulators in Canada.

Recent Highlights

Pan Project
• Permitting continues to advance with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) incorporating public comments from the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) into the final EIS. Permitting remains on schedule with a Record of Decision expected in 2013 and production planned for 2014.
• Midway announced preliminary results from bulk sample metallurgical test work indicates run of mine methods will work in initials years at the Pan project.

Gold Rock Project
• A mining Plan of Operations submitted to the BLM was declared complete, starting the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) process. Gold Rock is scheduled to be the Company's second operating gold mine.

Spring Valley Project
• Barrick is continuing their earn-in expenditures to increase their joint venture interest in the property to 70%. Drilling in 2013 focused on in-fill drilling in the main resource area to upgrade the quality of the resource for future reserve calculations.
• Midway expects Barrick to complete the 70% earn-in near the end of 2013 approximately a year ahead of schedule.
• Barrick completed their 2013 drill program in Q3 ahead of schedule.

Corporate
• The Company moved from the TSX Venture Exchange to the TSX.

Results from Operations

The target of reaching production from the Pan project during the second half of 2014 has driven the majority of the Company’s operating expenses, leading to logical expense increases as the Company gets closer to construction on and production from the Pan project. The operating loss of $3,964,571 for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 was primarily due to mineral exploration expenditures of $1,605,572, salaries and benefits of $1,163,197 and legal, audit, and accounting costs of $581,840. Mineral exploration expenditures were driven by permitting activities at the Gold Rock project as well as salaries and labor costs across all the Company’s projects. Salaries and benefits have increased period over period as a result of increased employee headcount at the corporate and field offices. The Company incurred legal, audit and accounting costs primarily related to its graduation to the TSX exchange from the TSX Venture exchange as well as costs for financial advisory services in relation to the investigation of Pan project financing options.

The Company realized other expense of $291,878 in the current quarter related to a loss of $1,259,322 on foreign currency exchange translation, offset by a gain of $988,443 on the change in the fair value of derivative liabilities. As the Company’s stock price fluctuates, it will continue to recognize changes in the fair value of derivative liabilities, thereby resulting in non-cash gains or losses.

The Company’s consolidated net loss attributable to common shareholders for the three months ended September 30, 2013 was $6,411,707, or $0.05 basic and diluted loss per share compared to a loss of $3,515,919, or $0.03 basic and diluted loss per share for the comparable period in 2012.

All amounts are expressed in Canadian dollars, unless otherwise indicated. The financial information is presented in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-gold-announces-third-quarter-124500572.html

Vegas

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 09:54:54 AM »

Final Environmental Impact Statement Is Done; Pan Project, Nevada

November 20, 2013

Midway Gold Corp. announces the Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is complete for the Pan gold project, Nevada. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) published a Notice of Availability of the Final EIS for the project in the Federal Register on November 20, 2013. Associated with the completion of the Final EIS is a customary notification period. Following this period, a signed Record of Decision (ROD) will be published signifying the completion of the NEPA process. The ROD is expected in December of this year and construction is scheduled to begin immediately upon receipt.

“Completion of the Final EIS is a landmark achievement on our road to production at Pan,” said Ken Brunk, Midway’s President & CEO. “To do so in record time is a credit to our outstanding permitting team, the BLM and all other cooperating agencies. Their commitment to schedule, their perseverance and “Do the Job Right” mentality were the key to facilitating this process and achieving this milestone in the time frame that we have. Public comments through this entire process have been overwhelmingly positive. Thank you to everyone here at Midway, to the Nevada community and to our shareholders for your support. We celebrate for a moment, but keep our eyes on the goal: Production and Cash Flow in 2014.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-gold-final-environmental-impact-124500616.html

Vegas

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 09:38:12 AM »

Midway Breaks Ground At Pan Gold Project, Nevada

January 15, 2014

Midway Gold Corp. holds a formal groundbreaking ceremony at the site of the Pan Project, White Pine County, Nevada. The project is fully permitted and construction is underway with completion estimated for Q3 2014. A Record of Decision from the BLM signed on December 20, 2013 completed the EIS process. Bonding for construction and mining is in place. Equipment has been mobilized to site and earth works are in progress. The power line to site has been permitted and construction has begun.

"This groundbreaking ceremony is the kick off for building the Pan mine," said Ken Brunk, Midway's President & CEO. "It is an opportunity for us to acknowledge those who drove the process from exploration through permitting and development. Many times, we have expressed our thanks to our permitting team and today is one more valuable opportunity to do so. Without their hard work and commitment to both excellent science and schedule we would not be where we are today. Additionally, we are proud to recognize Mr. Alan Branham, former president and CEO of Midway, for his leadership in acquiring the Pan project for Midway and for his vision that Pan would one day become a mine."

Pan Gold Project, Nevada

The Pan project is a low cost, oxidized, Carlin-style gold deposit mineable by shallow open pit methods and treatable by heap leaching. A Feasibility Study was completed in November 2011. It shows the NPV of the project is robust at a range of gold prices, ranging from $123 million at $1,200/oz gold to $344 million at $1,900/oz gold. The IRR grows from 32% to 79% using the same gold price range. Both are after-tax figures (see press release dated November 15, 2011.)

http://www.usetdas.com/TDAS/NewsArticle2.aspx?NewsID=22772

Vegas

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »

Midway Announces 2013 Annual Financial Results

March 13, 2014

Midway Gold Corporation announces financial results for the period ended December 31, 2013. These results were filed today with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission in the Company’s annual report on Form 10-K, and with the relevant securities regulators in Canada.

Recent Highlights

Pan Project
• The project is fully permitted – Completed December 2013
• Construction is underway – Began December 2013
• Financing is in progress

Gold Rock Project
• The Draft Environmental Impact Statement is underway – Began September 2013

Spring Valley Project
• Midway formalized joint venture with Barrick at 70/30 – Completed February 2014

Results from Operations

With the Company commencing construction in December 2013 and continuing its efforts to reach production in the second half of 2014, operating expenses increased year over year. The operating loss of $17,380,100 for the year ended December 31, 2013 was primarily due to salaries and benefits of $5,453,707, mineral exploration expenditures of $5,337,923, and legal, audit, and accounting costs of $3,575,034. Salaries and benefits increased in 2013 due to the Company’s increased headcount from 26 at December 31, 2012 to 38 at December 31, 2013. Permitting activities at the Gold Rock project as well as salaries and labor costs across all the Company’s projects drove mineral exploration expenditures. Legal, audit and accounting costs in 2013 primarily related to legal expenses concerning general, land and other corporate matters. The Company also incurred legal, audit and accounting costs related to its graduation to the TSX exchange from the TSX Venture exchange as well as costs for financial advisory services in relation to the investigation of Pan Project financing options.

The Company realized other income of $24,441,172 in the current year related to gains of $4,065,291 and $20,306,621 related to foreign currency exchange translation and the change in derivative liabilities, respectively. As the Company’s stock price fluctuates, the Company will continue to recognize changes in the fair value of derivative liabilities, thereby resulting in non-cash gains or losses.

The Company’s consolidated net loss attributable to common shareholders for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $478,283, or $0.00 basic and $0.05 diluted loss per share compared to a loss of $15,706,856, or $0.13 basic and diluted loss per share for the comparable period in 2012.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-announces-2013-annual-financial-220400827.html

Vegas

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 10:23:28 AM »

Midway Gold Completes US$25 Million Bought Deal Offering

June 6, 2014

Midway Gold Corp. is pleased to announce that it has closed its previously announced bought deal offering of 30,121,000 common shares (“Common Shares”) at an offering price of US$0.83 per Common Share for aggregate gross proceeds of US$25,000,430. The offering was conducted through a syndicate of underwriters co-led by RBC Capital Markets and Haywood Securities Inc., and including Canaccord Genuity Corp. and Cormark Securities Inc. (the “Underwriters”).

The Company intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund the construction and working capital for the Pan gold project, Gold Rock development and permitting, and general corporate purposes.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/midway-gold-completes-us-25-131500450.html

Vegas

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:44 AM »

Midway Closes US$55 Million Project Finance Facility With Commonwealth Bank Of Australia

July 21, 2014

Midway Gold Corp. announces closing of the previously announced US$55 million 3-year senior secured project finance facility (the "Loan Facility"). The Loan Facility is with Commonwealth Bank of Australia (“Commonwealth Bank”) and will be used to fund continued development of the Company’s 100%-owned Pan Gold Mine (“Pan”), located in White Pine County, Nevada. Pan is currently under construction and first gold pour is expected in the fourth quarter of 2014.

The Loan Facility is comprised of two tranches: a project finance facility of US$45 million, plus a cost overrun facility of US$10 million. Advances under the project finance facility will bear interest at LIBOR plus 3.50% to 3.75%, and advances under the cost overrun facility will bear interest at the project finance facility rate plus 2.00%.

The Loan Facility is secured by substantially all of the assets of the borrower (MDW Pan LLP, which is comprised solely of the Pan project) and its affiliates. Upon achieving economic completion and meeting certain other requirements, security will be limited to the assets of MDW Pan LLP and guarantees from the Company and one other affiliate.

The Loan Facility is subject to customary conditions precedent to draw on the loan including the establishment of an un-margined hedging program through Commonwealth Bank, which provides downside protection for the Company’s debt. This program will cover a period of less than two years commencing approximately six months after the planned start of production, and is expected to comprise an estimated 11% of the Pan project's anticipated life-of-mine production based on the current reserve base (see November 2011 Resource Estimate) assuming a spot gold price of approximately $1,300/oz.

http://fscwire.com/newsrelease/midway-closes-us55-million-project-finance-facility-commonwealth-bank-australia-pan

Vegas

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »

Midway Announces Reduction In Workforce

June 19, 2015

Midway Gold Corp. today announces that it has organized a reduction in the workforce at the Pan Gold Mine ("Pan") effective today.

Mining activities at Pan have been suspended. As a result, Ledcor CMI Inc., our contract mining company has reduced its workforce. Additionally, a portion of Midway's Pan workforce will also be reduced. We continue to leach ore that has previously been placed on the first lift of the heap leach pad at Pan however, the rate of recovery of gold has continued to fall short of expectations.

http://www.fscwire.com/newsrelease/midway-announces-reduction-workforce

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: