Dr PennyStock Free Forums
January 22, 2018, 04:56:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Discussion - Gold & Silver Mining Stocks  (Read 29289 times)
Vegas

« on: December 25, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »

Welcome to my personal forum guys and gals... Hopefully we can share some insights here in regard to gold stocks and try our best to profit from a few of them... I got the forum off to a good start by opening topics for as many legitimate (??) gold and silver mining stocks as I could come up with...

Vegas

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
Mr. Halsey

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »

they gave you your own board?

wow!  ive been away tooo long!

congrads Grin

I zigged when I should have zagged.
Vegas

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:03:56 AM »

they gave you your own board?

wow!  ive been away tooo long!

congrads Grin

Yes Halsey, you have been away too long... Better get your picks ready as Boomer is going to get the Stock Challenge fired back up next week... Wink

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
KC

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:36:37 AM »

impressed!  Hope this works as well as the pinchers!

I settle for 25%.
Vegas

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »

impressed!  Hope this works as well as the pinchers!

Gold stocks are not as volotile as the pinchers and move slower as they generally follow the price of gold... They are a lot less riskier than pinchers if you trade them with the gold market...

Stretcher75

Have an entry / exit strategy and you will be fine

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:51:58 PM »

What are your thoughts on SIL?
Vegas

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »

What are your thoughts on SIL?

Very risky right now... They have a really bad financial situation right now along with the fact that they received notice they were being delisted...

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/081229/0463024.html

Allen

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »

Vegas ,
             Could you go into alittle more detail about trading gold stocks with gold market?

Thanks Allen
Vegas

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 10:31:16 PM »

Vegas ,
             Could you go into alittle more detail about trading gold stocks with gold market?

Thanks Allen

Gold stocks pretty much trade in line with the spot price of gold except for the spec plays which react to just about anything... Play the trend of spot gold along with the charts... Company news or pr's also have a big effect on the stock movement...

Kitco is a great website to check the price, charts, etc for the miners... http://www.kitco.com/

Allen

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 11:50:52 PM »

Thanks Vegas,
                      I havent a clue how to trade Gold Stocks . Will you be posting your trades so we can follow along and learn?
Jack

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 08:59:37 AM »

Vegas,

Is there a way to quickly assess whether a stock is cheap or expensive?
Is it possible to infer from the data that we find on Yahoo? And what data are important?
Now that most shares have dropped significantly, this approach may let us know what shares will survive on LT.
I know that we are dealing with TA. But suppose you are walking in the fall, too late to sell with great loss, you can also consider to sit and think the future is good.
Or am I wrong?
Dzielak51
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 04:24:43 PM »

Vegas, Gold is doing awesome today.  You should put a thread with GLD, the ETF.  Makes it easier to ride gold up since it follows the actual price of gold pretty close.  I know its a little expensive but a good investment if you think GOLD goes up.
Vegas

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 11:34:10 PM »

I thought about it DZ but thought I would keep it pure with just gold miners.... I still may add it... Maybe I will make it a sticky post at the top... A share represents 10% of the price of an ounce of gold but all you have to do is look at that chart and tell me there is not money to be made...Grin Not sure if this can be shorted also... If it can, a person could play it both directions...

Dzielak51
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

Yes, it can be shorted, you can also play options on it as well.  It actually looks good for a quick short after fridays action
Patrick

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »

I was also just looking at  maybe playing a PUT on GLD...looking at chart it might make a reversal and come back down a a little atleast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: