Dr PennyStock Free Forums
January 22, 2018, 10:55:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RSI  (Read 11193 times)
justonian

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 03:57:31 PM »

How come RSI(14) has a completely different value between the yahoo page, and stockcharts.

For example, stockcharts has DUNR RSI(14) at 43.85
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=DUNR&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p49902877319

Yahoo has RSI(14) at 67.81
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=DUNR.OB+Interactive#symbol=DUNR.OB;range=1d

PaulPaulPaulPaul

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »

How come RSI(14) has a completely different value between the yahoo page, and stockcharts.

For example, stockcharts has DUNR RSI(14) at 43.85
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=DUNR&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p49902877319

Yahoo has RSI(14) at 67.81
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=DUNR.OB+Interactive#symbol=DUNR.OB;range=1d

You have two different time periods.  The RSI goes back 14 periods, so it matters what the time frame is.
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »

Paul is right, you want to compare an intraday chart with a 7,5 months chart, the values must be different.

Dr PennyStock
justonian

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

Well I feel like a dumb dumb.  haha, thanks Paul. 
Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:09 PM »

Don't feel dumb... I missed a run on a pincher play today because I did not pay attention and was looking at a weekly chart as opposed to a daily chart... Mother said there'd be days like this!
 Wink

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
cbenitez

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »

Don't feel dumb... I missed a run on a pincher play today because I did not pay attention and was looking at a weekly chart as opposed to a daily chart... Mother said there'd be days like this!
 Wink

Hi Vegas, which pincher play did you miss the run on? I'd like to know so I could analyze the chart. Thanks
Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »

Wink

Hi Vegas, which pincher play did you miss the run on? I'd like to know so I could analyze the chart. Thanks

The stock was KSWS... The chart posted was this weekly chart which showed a pincher play.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ksws&p=W&b=5&g=0&id=p64984402931

This is the daily chart... On the daily chart as I noticed later, it is not a pincher play, just a bounce play:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=KSWS&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p40266324498

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
kick69
Gold Member

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »

What RSI Time Frame - Hey People - I have been using the standard RSI = 14 for the past year.  I have been experimenting with 5 and 7 day time frames especially with swing trades and for stocks that dont show much variance week to week. Im finding the 5 day better.  Example look and ONCI with 5 days compared to 14 days and its much better in picking the bounces with the RSI approaches 30 - WHAT YOU ALL THINK AND USE?Huh?
Sloth

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »

What RSI Time Frame - Hey People - I have been using the standard RSI = 14 for the past year.  I have been experimenting with 5 and 7 day time frames especially with swing trades and for stocks that dont show much variance week to week. Im finding the 5 day better.  Example look and ONCI with 5 days compared to 14 days and its much better in picking the bounces with the RSI approaches 30 - WHAT YOU ALL THINK AND USE?Huh?

I think you might be on to something here. Check out Facebook chart using 5. Could make some serious money playing it off the 30.

"If you don't follow the stock market, you are missing some amazing drama." - Mark Cuban.
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »

It's normal, 14 is the standard, if you use a lower number, you will see extreme positions, you will show it going from oversold to overbought positions, if you use the number 100, the line will be almost a straight line.

I don't like to complicate, to me 14 has been working great.

Dr PennyStock
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: