Dr PennyStock Free Forums
January 20, 2018, 05:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 34085 times)
Vegas
Gold Member

« on: April 22, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

Thought I would open this thread so general comments and questions do not get mingled into the specific scan threads... Hopefully Doc will make this a sticky post... Wink

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:10:30 AM »

Thought I would open this thread so general comments and questions do not get mingled into the specific scan threads... Hopefully Doc will make this a sticky post... Wink

Thanks for the stickies Doc... Wink

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
ShyTrader

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to ignore "boards" you do not want to pay attention to?

I know you can set alerts for "boards" you want to get information for, but is there a way to ignore some?

Thanks,
Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 12:25:16 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to ignore "boards" you do not want to pay attention to?

I know you can set alerts for "boards" you want to get information for, but is there a way to ignore some?

Thanks,

If you are referring to threads in this forum, I think the answer would be no... In my opinion, Doc needs to do some house keeping on inactive threads like the daily stock challenge, etc.

Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 05:01:28 AM »

Thanks,

The boards with new posts have a light blue image, the others don't, just ignore them, is not difficult, there is not any button to ignore boards.

Dr PennyStock
ShyTrader

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:50:53 AM »

Thanks. I use the "show unread posts" option, and I always have to go through the boards I don't care about.

I think it will be a little cumbersome to go through all the boards (to many pages) every day to find new postings.  I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it.  Thanks.
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 04:10:05 AM »

I don't use that, I just open the home page of the forum and look to the blue image, where it is light is because it has new messages, then I click every topic on the last number and I go directly to the last page of the topic, where are the new posts, it's easy and fast.

Dr PennyStock
MatrixPerv

you can't catch me... I'm the gingerbread man...

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 10:38:53 AM »

I don't use that, I just open the home page of the forum and look to the blue image, where it is light is because it has new messages, then I click every topic on the last number and I go directly to the last page of the topic, where are the new posts, it's easy and fast.
I go to the HOME page of the forum and scroll all the way down. On the part where it says:
Dr PennyStock Free Forums - Info Center
Recent Posts

I click on the White pages of paper to the left and it displays every recent post. On the off hours I jump on and read what others have written, just to see how others are analyzing and to see what they might see in the stock. While the Market is open, the main posts are on the Paid Board so there isn't much to shift around; I usually stay on page 1 and hit reload all day and use the 'reply' or 'replay with quote' option on the bottom of each post to reply. That method allows me to see everything that comes in to the forum at a quick glance of the content in the message.

Hope that makes sense and helps
 Wink Cheesy Grin Tongue
ShyTrader

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »

That's a different idea. I've seen that, but not actually used it.

This option still has the same problem (unless you can look only at replies to boards you posted in), I was looking for a way to easily ignore discussions of stocks I don't want to be involved with. It just makes it easier (quicker) to sort through all the emails.

On the flip side, often stocks that I want to ignore this week, might be worth looking at next, then you would have work to re-list them.

I'm just trying to be more efficient, your way might help some. I'll try it.
Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 04:36:43 AM »

Say goodbye spammerboy...  Grin

Swoop_G

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »

Well there hasn't been a post here in a long time but I have a question I would like answered and this looks like the place to ask it.  I am looking for a specific chart pattern and I need to figure out the scan to use to find stocks that fit the pattern.  The pattern I would like to find is something like a sine wave.  If I could find a handful of stocks that repeated the sine wave pattern I could make a killing.  I have found some and I am trading them but they don't repeat the pattern very well.  I want to be able to find the stocks that you could set a clock by their price!!!  Now I know that is unobtanium but you get the idea.  I have tried messing with volatility index but it gives poor results.  The actual sine wave is not important, what is important is finding stocks that repeat themselves consistently.  Any ideas?
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »

Well there hasn't been a post here in a long time but I have a question I would like answered and this looks like the place to ask it.  I am looking for a specific chart pattern and I need to figure out the scan to use to find stocks that fit the pattern.  The pattern I would like to find is something like a sine wave.  If I could find a handful of stocks that repeated the sine wave pattern I could make a killing.  I have found some and I am trading them but they don't repeat the pattern very well.  I want to be able to find the stocks that you could set a clock by their price!!!  Now I know that is unobtanium but you get the idea.  I have tried messing with volatility index but it gives poor results.  The actual sine wave is not important, what is important is finding stocks that repeat themselves consistently.  Any ideas?

I understand perfectly what you want, but, at least for now, I am not seeing what scan to use to detect this pattern.

Sometimes I find stocks with this pattern, but, I find them using my usual scan, searching for down trends with high volume, or strong down trends, or even stocks bouncing at a previous support.

Sorry, but, I can't help.   

Dr PennyStock
Swoop_G

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »

Yes I have found the few stocks on pure accident.  I have one that has been repeating the same up and down trend for over five years and it never deviates more than 1-2% up or down.  It takes an average of 15 days to make a full up and down cycle and the price also moves about 15 points(%).  It will not make me rich on its own but a handful of these working for me every day could produce a nice income.  After all that is what I am in this for, a nice income plus retirement savings.  I WILL be a millionaire one day!  One trade at a time.
goN4it

this is Lucky, now bring me luck

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »

Hi all I've been out for a good while and have forgotten some of the navigation of the site.... could someone please confirm for me if this is a GAP in the AAMRQ stock (around January 14th) and if that means that it will go back to fill and rebuild? I'm hoping for a quick refresher on that. here is the chart from StockChart:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=AAMRQ&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20990607761

Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

Hi all I've been out for a good while and have forgotten some of the navigation of the site.... could someone please confirm for me if this is a GAP in the AAMRQ stock (around January 14th) and if that means that it will go back to fill and rebuild? I'm hoping for a quick refresher on that. here is the chart from StockChart:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=AAMRQ&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p20990607761

The only gap I see is a gap up on the 9th and that gap was closed on the 30th...
 Huh

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=AAMRQ&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p18798263074

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: