Dr PennyStock Free Forums
January 22, 2018, 10:41:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to DRPENNY STOCK  (Read 5046 times)
CaptainHerc

« on: March 06, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »

Hi - An Introduction?  Well I am definitely a Newbie here ... trading stocks has always intrigued me but have to admit until I talked to people about trading and read more about technical indicators, I traded pretty poorly (emotionally).

But after some time I developed a method of trading stocks using RSI, MACD & Williams.  Except if a stock is in a long term downtrend, basically I just buy when the RSI and MACD hit new lows (over 1 or 2 years).  Then I just put in a stop maybe 5% or so below.  MOST of the time, the stocks goes up.  I then typically try to see a pattern and move the stop up just under it.  I try to target a return of over 10%.  Maybe 8 trades are positive, 2 negative.  It's an interesting method, because the risk (theoretically is limited), but because you are NOT trading OTC stocks, just NYSE, NASDAQ etc ... AND since you are trying to take advantage of SHORT swings in the RSI of the stocks, huge moves are rare.  I spread the risk by having 50-100 stocks, so I don't get clobbered by one stock that runs the stop.  But since the stocks usually hit the stops after 1 or 2 months ... you need to do a LOT of trading.  I spend around 3 hours a day fiddling with them.  The method is showing an annual return of about 30%, which isn't bad, but looking at DOC's record it seems his method is offering a conservative return of over 125% even if you take out his high and low, and um ... considerably less time on my part  Shocked

So ... I think I'd rather give 125% a shot  Cheesy - that's why I'm here.

But ... as traders go, I have a lot to learn.
Vegas
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:27:19 AM »

Welcome aboard Captain Herc...

Shocked

♦♦♦ Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws... Mater Amschel Rothschild ♦♦♦
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »

Welcome aboard Captain Herc.....well, it is a little strange, because you are the Captain, so usually you are the one that says this Grin

50 - 100 stocks?Huh? Oh my gosh, now I understand why you asked why I limit the number of stocks to 2 or 3.

You work too much to get 30% per year.

Dr PennyStock
CaptainHerc

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »

Definitely agree!  Grin
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »

Definitely agree!  Grin

I got tired only thinking about this, how can you manage to follow 50 stocks at once? I analyze about 100 charts per day, but, this is to find stocks to trade, I only chose a few of them to put on my watch list.

Dr PennyStock
CaptainHerc

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »

LOL ... It's not as critical to 'follow' my stocks using my method because it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter what the stock is or what its financials are or anything else really.  All the method cares about is if the trend is up (you can still do down trends, but the risk of NOT getting a 10% upside move is greater), the RSI is REALLY low and the MACD is low (not as critical), and the Williams% being low doesn't hurt either.  But since you have a stop - after you buy doesn't matter.  I update all the prices in the morning then my computer shows me a descending list of the ones that are over a 10% return so far.  For those I tighten up the stops.

Whatever the market does is fine.  If it goes down, a bunch of low stops are triggered giving you a small loss.  If it goes way up, the next morning you just move up those stops.  But there is NO research involved at ALL in the stocks.

But my 30% return is NOTHING compared to what you are showing ... Admittedly your day to day risk may be higher, but since someone doesn't need to use a lot of money to start your system ... the risk over time I would have to say is zero.  Whereas my system still holds risk on the original principal.

By the way ... if your latest pick you mentioned to me goes where you say it will ... 1st of all I have NO clue how you're getting this from volume, and secondly you should get the Nobel Prize for being an incredible Genius (IMHO anyway) ... guess we'll see ...  Grin
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »

LOL ... It's not as critical to 'follow' my stocks using my method because it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter what the stock is or what its financials are or anything else really.  All the method cares about is if the trend is up (you can still do down trends, but the risk of NOT getting a 10% upside move is greater), the RSI is REALLY low and the MACD is low (not as critical), and the Williams% being low doesn't hurt either.  But since you have a stop - after you buy doesn't matter.  I update all the prices in the morning then my computer shows me a descending list of the ones that are over a 10% return so far.  For those I tighten up the stops.

Whatever the market does is fine.  If it goes down, a bunch of low stops are triggered giving you a small loss.  If it goes way up, the next morning you just move up those stops.  But there is NO research involved at ALL in the stocks.

But my 30% return is NOTHING compared to what you are showing ... Admittedly your day to day risk may be higher, but since someone doesn't need to use a lot of money to start your system ... the risk over time I would have to say is zero.  Whereas my system still holds risk on the original principal.

By the way ... if your latest pick you mentioned to me goes where you say it will ... 1st of all I have NO clue how you're getting this from volume, and secondly you should get the Nobel Prize for being an incredible Genius (IMHO anyway) ... guess we'll see ...  Grin

Well, with this explanation I am feeling much better, not so tired Grin , but, you still work too much to get only 30% per year.

With the pick I mentioned to you today, you will make over 2000% for sure.

This was so far my biggest trade made publicly: http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=70440282

And this was what happened: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=ATRNQ&p=W&st=2009-03-31&en=2012-03-01&id=p95748147708

It has passed my price target of .26, and, hit .3599, a 4,300% profit. One of the Gold members made a profit of over $500,000 in two months, with an investment of $28,500.

Dr PennyStock
CaptainHerc

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 06:36:27 PM »

That was incredible!  More incredible is that you know what you are doing!

My best trade (percent wise) was buying AA at $.30/share - bought 5000 shares ($1600 bucks).  In a week it went up to $1.  I sold 2000 - got my money back and sat back and just ignored it (cause it was all profit anyway).  Eventually sold the last 3000 for (around) $6/share.  But I was clueless really LOL.

Glad I stumbled on to you!
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »

That was incredible!  More incredible is that you know what you are doing!

My best trade (percent wise) was buying AA at $.30/share - bought 5000 shares ($1600 bucks).  In a week it went up to $1.  I sold 2000 - got my money back and sat back and just ignored it (cause it was all profit anyway).  Eventually sold the last 3000 for (around) $6/share.  But I was clueless really LOL.

Glad I stumbled on to you!

It is not so difficult as you think, T/A is a passion, and, when you love what you do, it is much easier.

I fell in love Grin by T/A back in 1997, and, I've learned all I know by myself, didn't read any books, only many hours studying charts, trying all the possible indicators, until finding my actual chart template, then the experience did the rest.

Dr PennyStock
CaptainHerc

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »

You need a LIKE button for remarks on this blog LOL   Cheesy
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »

You need a LIKE button for remarks on this blog LOL   Cheesy

There is a SMF MOD that does that, maybe I will install it after upgrade the forum software to the 2.0 version.

Dr PennyStock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: