Dr PennyStock Free Forums
January 24, 2018, 04:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Western Canada  (Read 6026 times)
Shandarr

« on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »

Hello folks, just thought i would drop a message here and say hello to everyone, and that i look forward to being apart of this board, I have read alot of the threads here so far and have learned alot however I am very very new to trading and thought i would get my feet wet with penny stocks, will be a while before i can make my first trade as i need to scrape some money together as well as an online program to use. I am thinking of using TD Ameritrade even though i am in Canada, however the Canadian version of this at TD Waterhouse charges $30 bucks per trade if your household assests are less than $50k, far too steep in my opinion, but that does bring a question, as a canadian, am I allowed to use that brokerage and software? are their restrictions on using it for me being a canadian? perhaps some of the other canadians that i have seen on this board can help me out a bit with that, and we can talk back and forth a bit. I would also like to know where i might be able to read up on some of the rules of stock trading, ie: after buying some stock, how long do i have to hang onto it before i can sell it off, or can i sell it off the next day etc. I have a co-worker that trades some stock now and again and he was saying that he has to hang onto it for a month before being allowed to sell it off.

I have been trying to read as much as i can when i can, certianly alot of information out there. I have been reading here, trying to learn how to do technical analysis from reading Investopedia.com and even have a book "stock trading for dummies" I plan on getting the Dr.s paid subscription here soon to access the information that I am lead to believe that is there, i hope that info will answer a lot of my questions. Does anyone know of any good true video tutorials i could watch as i am more of a visual and hands on learner than a reader, and i really don't want to trust or believe what i see on youtube.com

Sorry for the long introduction, and hope to be talking with alot of you soon.
Happy Trading

Matt

We lucky few, we band of brothers, for he who sheds his blood with me today, shall be my brother.
Dr PennyStock
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »

Welcome aboard Grin

There are here Canadian members, and, I think they are the best to help you on the broker's name.

About the T/A, the best is the stockcharts.com web site, you don't need any book, just practice.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:glossary_a

Dr PennyStock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: